2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

45 minutes ago, yash13177 said:

Hi everyone! Anyone know if University of Rochester is done sending out invites? I connected with them at SfN and even had a lovely skype with one of the faculty... I was hoping for an interview but no word yet... I see in the results some interviews went out. Anyone got any info?

In the same boat! Thought I had a good chance, but no new interview invites after Monday. Wondering if there’s a waitlist or if they’re still working on reviewing applications. With the interview weekend so close, I kind of doubt they’ll be sending any more invites after early next week at the latest. Any info would be great!!

5 hours ago, yash13177 said:

Hi everyone! Anyone know if University of Rochester is done sending out invites? I connected with them at SfN and even had a lovely skype with one of the faculty... I was hoping for an interview but no word yet... I see in the results some interviews went out. Anyone got any info?

I got an email (I think Monday?) saying that I was invited to interview, and I just got the email today with the actual details. I unfortunately have absolutely no idea if they'll be sending out more or to how many people this was extended. It does seem like there will be only one interview weekend in early February unless you absolutely couldn't make the scheduled dates... but I could be wrong. 

Edited by nexttosomewhatnormal

35 minutes ago, sunnyyiu627 said:

did anyone here apply to Oxford? Have you heard from them?

Which program? I applied to the Wellcome Trust Doctoral Training Programme, and I've heard nothing. But then again, I would expect results to be sent out next week probably. After all, while the interview period is approaching fast, they closed the application window less than a week ago.

10 hours ago, nanobasiness said:

@theschuster I also got that email!  I wonder if they are reviewing applications in waves potentially?  If I recall correctly didn’t someone say they got an interview invite from uci?  I think the email is just letting us know we are under review now, idk. 

Based on the results page they have already sent two rounds of interviews, one in Dec. and one last week. Some people are saying it's a mistake...lmao

I just received offer from my top choice and accepted it at once yesterday. But I got another interview invitation 2 weeks ago and its date is end of Jan. Should I cancel that? They have already sent me details about hotel and flight hours ago.

40 minutes ago, Vikkly said:

I just received offer from my top choice and accepted it at once yesterday. But I got another interview invitation 2 weeks ago and its date is end of Jan. Should I cancel that? They have already sent me details about hotel and flight hours ago.

I say still keep your options open. You may end up liking the other program more than you expect.

I have to be honest, I'm pretty frustrated with my experience so far. I have 4 years of full-time experience, over 20 publications, 4.0 in my MS, 3.0 undergrad GPA, strong letters of recommendation and lots of teaching/ presentation experience but I keep receiving rejections. So far only 1 interview and 7 rejections... I'm still waiting to hear from 5 more schools, but I'm starting to feel pretty discouraged and confused. Anybody else in the same boat?

Edited by 1.21_Gigawatts

25 minutes ago, Starbrite84 said:

That’s so awesome. Congrats. Did they call or email you?

I applied for the Clinical PhD program at USUHS. I’m slowly dying over here!! 

Email! And I wouldnt be worried if I was you, they said decisions would be made from the end of Jan-early feb!