2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

31 minutes ago, cam27 said:

I assume you're group A because of Stanford? I'm in the second group but maybe I'll see you on Wednesday! Best of luck!

I actually already had my Stanford interview because I'm a Knight-Hennessy finalist. See you Wednesday!

12 minutes ago, ssh said:

Hi, just wondering when did you hear back from UNC? 

I got an unofficial acceptance from a POI on Sunday. He said the official acceptance emails will be sent later this week or early next week (for the group that interviewed Feb 1-2).

32 minutes ago, maya123z said:

I got an unofficial acceptance from a POI on Sunday. He said the official acceptance emails will be sent later this week or early next week (for the group that interviewed Feb 1-2).

Congrats and Thanks!

On 2/7/2019 at 8:03 AM, lemmabear said:

I'm guessing that these are all finished sending out invites, but has anyone received rejections from the following: NYU, Emory, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth, Georgetown, Einstein, Weill Cornell, SUNY Downstate, Drexel, GA State? 

Will all programs reach out with rejections, or should we call to find out our status? I got accepted to my first choice (!!!) but want to hear a final word on the rest before accepting the offer.

Thanks!

Hi! 

I've gotten rejected from Einstein....got an email last week. 

Interview: Pitt (CNUP), Thomas Jefferson University (Biomed) 
Rejected: Einstein, UW-Madison, UCSF, Icahn at Mt. Sinai 
AcceptedPitt (CNUP_
Waitlisted
Attending: Pitt (CNUP)

7 hours ago, dani0305 said:

Hi! 

AcceptedPitt (CNUP_
Waitlisted

When did you interview at CNUP and when did you find out you were accepted into the program? 

13 hours ago, dani0305 said:

Hi! 

AcceptedPitt (CNUP_
Waitlisted

Oh man , did you email them yourself ? I think that they are not going to dignify my existence by sending a rejection email.??

22 hours ago, cam27 said:

I assume you're group A because of Stanford? I'm in the second group but maybe I'll see you on Wednesday! Best of luck!

On 2/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, maya123z said:

Is anyone else arriving a bit early to UCSD interviews? I'll have Feb 24-25 pretty much free. If anyone wants to explore the city together let me know!

I'm going for the second group, see you guys on Wednesday!

12 hours ago, Sunshineneuron said:

When did you interview at CNUP and when did you find out you were accepted into the program? 

Hi! I interviewed the weekend of Jan. 24th and found out the 30th (A quick turn around time which I was really happy about it!) 

AcceptedPitt (CNUP) 
Waitlisted

On 2/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, opoloqo said:

Congratulations on NYU. What's your top choice at present?

Thanks! At this point NYU, but I'm definitely going to wait for the full set of results before thinking too much about a decision! 

Edited by comp_neuro_guy

14 hours ago, comp_neuro_guy said:

Thanks! At this point NYU, but I'm definitely going to wait for the full set of results before thinking too much about a decision! 

hh, that's fair.

21 hours ago, Scrappyhappy said:

Hey everyone! How did you like the schools you interviewed at and did any of your preferences vastly change after?

Hi! So I only have two interviews (Berkeley and MIT) and I was pleasantly surprised by how awesome my Berkeley visit was and how much information they gave us about student life, housing, overall program atmosphere which was super helpful! I got accepted so I'm pretty excited and it makes me less nervous for my MIT interview coming up. I think the actual visit put my preferences into perspective and gave me a lot of information I didn't think to ask about so now I know what I'm looking for going into MIT! 

On 2/4/2019 at 1:43 PM, facelessbeauty said:

I received an interview invite to the UToronto's Pharmacology program, but never got an email back to confirm a time. Is it safe to assume that they've rescinded my invitation, or should I wait to follow up?

May have been answered already, but when I interviewed for this program years ago it wasn't until May or June. Hope you don't have to wait that long, but because domestic student applications aren't due until very late, they generally interview late as well.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, Raindrop said:

May have been answered already, but when I interviewed for this program years ago it wasn't until May or June. Hope you don't have to wait that long, but because domestic student applications aren't due until very late, they generally interview late as well.

Hey, I actually got a phone interview from them a couple of weeks back, and apparently should hear a response by next week if not in early March. I'm a US student and even though our applications are pooled in with domestic applicants, I applied well before the international student deadline. Thanks for your response though!