2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

4 minutes ago, zzzz233 said:

Congratsss!! Did they send out e-mails as well?

thanks! they're sending out emails these next couple days, i think they called since I asked the neurobio people about my CNAP app and they wanted to fill me in on my options. 

4 minutes ago, earsnbrains said:

thanks! they're sending out emails these next couple days, i think they called since I asked the neurobio people about my CNAP app and they wanted to fill me in on my options. 

I see, thank you a lot! 

On 12/16/2018 at 11:53 AM, neuranxiety said:

Does anyone know when the interview date is for UCSD Biology? 

(also when they are going to start releasing invites!)

I'm not sure about Biology, but for UCSD Neuroscience the dates are Feb 26th - March 1st. I found this snooping around their events page!

45 minutes ago, alias155 said:

Has anyone received word back from Mount Sinai for the PhD in Neuroscience?  I'm seeing a lot of results on the survey but they appear to be for biomedical science...although there are a couple entries as "biomedical and neuroscience".  

I applied to the neuro program and have not heard anything

6 hours ago, maya123z said:

On the MIT neuro website it says your application status will be updated within 2 weeks of the deadline. So I’m guessing those of us who haven’t heard back yet are rejected. 

From the results page it looks like they're still rolling out invites this week, so I wouldn't lose hope yet!

1 hour ago, bkim346 said:

I'm not sure about Biology, but for UCSD Neuroscience the dates are Feb 26th - March 1st. I found this snooping around their events page!

That overlaps with Stanford Neuroscience. I'll have to keep this in mind.

Has anyone heard from OHSU? their website published that they'd be sending out interview invites on the 15th, but I haven't seen anyone post that they'd heard from them.

On 12/15/2018 at 4:04 AM, EricKenjiLee said:

You shouldn’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard from your home institution: a ton of my friends got denied admission where they were working because they wanted their students to explore the field but it’s nothing personal! They want their students to not fall back into just being a research tech

Thanks. I asked in the office and they said they are most likely done sending out invites for Duke Neurobiology 

Just letting you guys know that UCSF sent out some decisions via e-mail 

• 2019 PhD Applications: Pitt (CNUP), UW-Madison (Neuro), Thomas Jefferson (Biomed), Weill Cornell (Neuro), Albert Einstein (Biomed), Icahn (Neuro), UCSF (neuro) 
  • Interview: Pitt (CNUP)
  • Rejected: UW-Madison, UCSF
  • Accepted: 
  • Attending:

Just now, NoG4C2forYou said:

What programs from UCSF have been sent out?

I know people have heard back from neuro and BMS. BMS sounds like they sent all the invites in one batch. I'm not sure if neuro is still sending any.

33 minutes ago, dani0305 said:

Just letting you guys know that UCSF sent out some decisions via e-mail 

• 2019 PhD Applications: Pitt (CNUP), UW-Madison (Neuro), Thomas Jefferson (Biomed), Weill Cornell (Neuro), Albert Einstein (Biomed), Icahn (Neuro), UCSF (neuro) 
  • Interview: Pitt (CNUP)
  • Rejected: UW-Madison, UCSF
  • Accepted: 
  • Attending:

Hi, I was wondering when did you get the interview invitation form Pitt CNUP and when did you submit your application? Thanks!!!

4 hours ago, earsnbrains said:

I actually think they called all the CNAP applicants, as I got a call too and that was the only Duke program I applied to (I am a social neuroscientist). Very exciting phone call! I definitely did a happy dance!

1 minute ago, impalathief said:

: ) Hopefully our interview dates line up! I'm waiting to set mine until the weekend to avoid conflicts. 

Ah yeah same, still waiting for UCSD and JHU... although JHU said that they'll start sending out invites tomorrow so we have that to look forward too! Good luck with those : )