Fall 2019 Developmental Psychology Thread

DevelopingThoughts

1 hour ago, Yiyu Liu said:

Just a quick update that I received a formal interview to Duke. But I applied to Duke CNAP program (not psych) which may be different from most of you. So if you haven't hear anything from Duke yet you don't have to worry as we're probably applying to different programs.(I applied to a PI who is in both CNAP program and psych program though).

...what were your PI initials?

20 hours ago, DevelopingThoughts said:

Just had an informal chat with POI from Michigan, she wouldn’t tell me when notifications go out but there isn’t an interview weekend for Michigan, just a recruitment weekend (this goes ditto for University of Minnesota)

Well at least we know the apps have trickled down to the PIs. 

Have you heard anything re: Minnesota?

And that UCLA post in the results page really freaked me out, I wonder if that’s an official interview notice (because I haven’t heard anything from them at all since my Skype call with POI pre-app). 

1 hour ago, pgt2018 said:

Well at least we know the apps have trickled down to the PIs. 

Have you heard anything re: Minnesota?

And that UCLA post in the results page really freaked me out, I wonder if that’s an official interview notice (because I haven’t heard anything from them at all since my Skype call with POI pre-app). 

Posted this previously, but POI I emailed said the faculty there have started to review them personally. ICD I think is different not sure how they work.

Hi! I just found this forum and was so excited that I got my first interview weekend invitation from my POI at UCLA yesterday, but now I’m seeing that it looks like I should’ve already heard from most of my schools. ? Oh well, UCLA was one of my top choices, so I’m still excited about that.

4 hours ago, Psyhopeful said:

Hi! I just found this forum and was so excited that I got my first interview weekend invitation from my POI at UCLA yesterday, but now I’m seeing that it looks like I should’ve already heard from most of my schools. ? Oh well, UCLA was one of my top choices, so I’m still excited about that.

Where did you all apply? And welcome! :)

Re: thinking you want to do clinical until you discover developmental, that happened to me.  Now I'm in a  program with both clinical and developmental, and there are all clinical people in my lab except for me.  I don't want to do ANY of that, not the classes, not the practicum, not the internship, none of it.  I just want to do research and that's what I'm doing!

Edited by Piagetsky

28 minutes ago, Piagetsky said:

Re: thinking you want to do clinical until you discover developmental, that happened to me.  Now I'm in a  program with both clinical and developmental, and there are all clinical people in my lab except for me.  I don't want to do ANY of that, not the classes, not the practicum, not the internship, none of it.  I just want to do research and that's what I'm doing!

I’m more like thinking you want to do neuro until you discover developmental!

Did anyone apply to Stanford? My app says that it is incomplete, because they don’t have official transcripts, but I’m pretty sure they only asked for unofficial uploads. I’m wondering if this is just what the portal says and they don’t update, or if my app really didn’t/won’t get reviewed because they didn’t get them before the deadline. I never got an email requesting official transcripts.

On 12/16/2018 at 1:43 AM, Psyhopeful said:

Did anyone apply to Stanford? My app says that it is incomplete, because they don’t have official transcripts, but I’m pretty sure they only asked for unofficial uploads. I’m wondering if this is just what the portal says and they don’t update, or if my app really didn’t/won’t get reviewed because they didn’t get them before the deadline. I never got an email requesting official transcripts.

I did and mine says the same even after sending my official transcripts, so not sure what the deal is. Hoping to hear from them soon since their deadline was the earliest one I had!

On 12/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Yiyu Liu said:

That's weird, I couldn't understand what they're trying to say and didn't know there's actually two psych departments. I'm applying to GSAS. 

Yes that is for Steinhardt. They are reviewing/revising their curriculum so not taking students this year. 

On 12/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, Psyhopeful said:

I heard from UCLA last week too for an interview, but I think it's super early and most of the other schools I applied to probably won't get in touch until January/February. Are you sure you should have already heard from most of your schools? Which other did you apply to?

16 minutes ago, jal206 said:

I did and mine says the same even after sending my official transcripts, so not sure what the deal is. Hoping to hear from them soon since their deadline was the earliest one I had!

I applied to Stanford and my application says complete! 

24 minutes ago, Bd2018 said:

I applied to Stanford and my application says complete! 

I swear mine said complete originally after my letters came in, and then it changed. I don’t even know where to send my transcripts. I’ll have to search the app and see what I can find. 

38 minutes ago, jal206 said:

I heard from UCLA last week too for an interview, but I think it's super early and most of the other schools I applied to probably won't get in touch until January/February. Are you sure you should have already heard from most of your schools? Which other did you apply to?

Cool! Maybe we’ll see each other there! After looking through the threads I see that I shouldn’t have heard from most places I applied to yet. That was my first post here and I was just discovering that people had been hearing already. It looks like I could be hearing from some this week, but most seem to not contact until January. 

46 minutes ago, jal206 said:

I was looking through the forum and it seems that people don’t tend to hear from Stanford until January. 

On 12/16/2018 at 6:43 AM, Psyhopeful said:

I did and mine says complete. I'm an international applicant so I asked administration at my university to send my transcript (unofficial though as I am still in my final year) in the post to arrive by December 1st. 

23 hours ago, jal206 said:

I also applied for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship for Stanford and based on the information I received whilst applying for that, Stanford seems to wait until mid-January before sending anything out

Just now, DevelopingThoughts said:

Wonderful! 

Also for your information, UCSB’s email system is down so if you’re like me freaking out trying to email someone don’t worry haha

Didn’t UCSB push their deadline back? I applied to a different department there and they had extended the deadline to January I think because of the fires.