Fall 2019 Counseling Psych PhD Applicants

futcounspsych

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, Fi19 said:

I got a preliminary phone interview invite from Iowa State University and an official interview invite from Purdue University. So nervous and stressed... Good luck everyone! We got this!

Hi congrats! would you mind messaging me the initials of the POI for Iowa State University? less to worry about if I already know its a rejection haha

just got a really cryptic email from UCSB that I am on a "short wait list" after my skype interview. I am assuming this means I am not getting an offer for their in person interview, but it also said "we frequently admit from the wait list and will let you know after recruitment day" so does this mean the people who got on campus interviews have offers extended to them already? or does it mean that after they reject people after the in person interviews, I am next in line after those individuals?

On 12/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, sassyyetclassy said:

got a preliminary video interview from UCSB and an invitation to interview day at U of Tennessee Knoxville!! 

Congrats on your UTK interview!! If you are comfortable, could you PM me your POI and how you were reached as well? Thanks so much!!

Y'all, I'm so excited!  After being rejected from 15 schools last cycle, and only getting one interview at the last minute (probably because I hounded the POI with emails), I've received 4 interview invitations thus far.  Univ of Tennessee-Knoxville, Univ of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Marquette Univ, and Ball State Univ.  I've now got a bit of a tight schedule bouncing between all the interviews, but that's a much better challenge than not hearing anything back again this cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing bc our thread kind of got silent for a bit

as for me: I am feeling kind of sad bc two of my recent interviews ended in me getting waitlisted but I have another interview coming up in February so I am hoping to use what I learned in these first two in order to redeem myself. I still haven’t heard from over half the schools I applied to either so i haven’t completely lost hope 

On 12/31/2018 at 12:00 PM, sassyyetclassy said:

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing bc our thread kind of got silent for a bit

as for me: I am feeling kind of sad bc two of my recent interviews ended in me getting waitlisted but I have another interview coming up in February so I am hoping to use what I learned in these first two in order to redeem myself. I still haven’t heard from over half the schools I applied to either so i haven’t completely lost hope 

A LOT OF programs send out interview invites in January. So keep being positive and prepare as much as you can for you upcoming interview! Ask advice from you supervisors or friends and find out what you might want to do differently from you previous interviews if you can. Good luck!!!

And as for me: I’m so anxious now that the holidays are over and I’m not ready to hear bad news yet?? But I’m keeping positive and preparing for my upcoming interviews!! 

14 hours ago, Fi19 said:

To the person who got an interview from the University of Maryland - could you share your POI through PM? Thank you so much!

Me too please! and congrats

6 hours ago, Oluwachristabel said:

Has anyone heard back from Southern Illinois?

Not yet! Last year I believe they did phone interviews prior to the in person (at least that's what it looks like according to the results page archives) and they went around during next week so fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if all interview invites for UT Austin or Texas Tech have been sent out?  I saw a couple on the results page back in December, but they seemed to been from individual POIs and haven't seen anything since.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:22 PM, topsailpsych said:

Does anyone know if all interview invites for UT Austin or Texas Tech have been sent out?  I saw a couple on the results page back in December, but they seemed to been from individual POIs and haven't seen anything since.

I received an interview invite from Texas Tech back in December, and a few days ago, a mass email was sent regarding accommodations. So it seems as though they’ve sent all the invites out, but I can’t say for sure!

i had originally thought i had been rejected from virginia commonwealth bc I saw interview invites go out yesterday, but i woke up to an interview invitation this morning!! so excited and thankful!! if anyone wants to know the POI, feel free to DM me

2 hours ago, sassyyetclassy said:

i had originally thought i had been rejected from virginia commonwealth bc I saw interview invites go out yesterday, but i woke up to an interview invitation this morning!! so excited and thankful!! if anyone wants to know the POI, feel free to DM me

I have friends that went to VCU and loved it, and Richmond is a super cool city! Good luck on your interview !

On 1/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, dancedementia said:

Anyone heard back from Northeastern yet? They're a pretty small cohort and don't seem to get many applications, but hopefully someone on here applied!

I applied there too and have not heard back yet either!

Southern Illinois conacted me saying I was on their shortlist to be considered for an interview. I'm pretty stoked because no other school has given me a favorable response but I cannot be too happy because I'm not going to be interviewed for sure. But hey! I made it to someone's shortlist