Fall 2019 Counseling Psych PhD Applicants

futcounspsych

I haven't heard from a single school, and that has me worried considering some people have heard back from some of the schools to which I've applied. Any info on: University of Houston, Georgia State University, University of Florida, University of Missouri Columbia, University of Oregon, UCSB, Stanford, or Harvard? 

2 minutes ago, ercm1308 said:

I haven't heard from a single school, and that has me worried considering some people have heard back from some of the schools to which I've applied. Any info on: University of Houston, Georgia State University, University of Florida, University of Missouri Columbia, University of Oregon, UCSB, Stanford, or Harvard? 

@ercm1308 , In the same boat here!  First time posting, but glad to know I'm not the only one in the dark.  Hopefully for not much longer!  But yes, the worry is growing every day.  Hang in there! ?

21 minutes ago, ercm1308 said:

UO already sent their invites out :( I applied there and didn’t get an invite. UF seems to have a few out but I think it’s just from one POI. 

25 minutes ago, ercm1308 said:

Mizzou's counseling program has finished contacting candidates for interviews, so if you haven't heard from them, I'm sorry to break the bad news.  I also didn't get an interview there, and that was confirmed by a professor I'm familiar with there a few weeks ago (but that was not a surprise as my POI left the university shortly after applications were submitted).

@topsailpsych @mm2234 thanks for the updates! I wish they would just let us know so we don't have to wait for ages. Either way, I am glad to know which have contacted for interviews already, because then I don't cling to false hope any longer. 

(A little disappointed about UO, though, since I loved the school and program!) 

1 hour ago, ercm1308 said:

UCSB has already unfortunately sent out invites for both skype and in person interviews. but i think some schools are still sending out invites, so best of luck!

For those asking about TC, Columbia, my POI is L.S.

I'm fairly certain it was a mass email that went out as i was BCC'd.

Interviewed last year and graduated from their dual MA/EdM program. Hoping this is the year!

Edited by mhm2168

For anyone waiting on Fordham's Counseling Psychology PhD program: I called today and was told it could take another 2-3 weeks before interviews are offered.

Also, for anyone applying to McGill in Montreal: I was told there wouldn't be any in-person interviews. You will be notified if you are on the short list and then will receive a call. They said not until end of Feb/early March.

Does anyone know if University of Maryland, College Park has sent out their invites yet? I only saw two posts on the results page and wondered if it was just one PI or not.

Also, has anyone received an in-person interview invite from Iowa State University?  

Thank you!! 

1 hour ago, Fi19 said:

Does anyone know if University of Maryland, College Park has sent out their invites yet? I only saw two posts on the results page and wondered if it was just one PI or not.

Also, has anyone received an in-person interview invite from Iowa State University?  

Thank you!! 

I haven't received an in-person interview invite from Iowa State yet, however, after my phone interview I was told to wait a week or two to hear back about what's next, which sounds promising. However, since I live in Iowa and go to school here, we had a big snow storm in the midwest during the past week that has apparently delayed things for some other midwest schools and there is an upcoming winter storm due to hit this weekend. So there is a chance that that could be impacting things as well. However, the graduate students in my research lab also told me that the length of time depends on the department figuring out funding and how many people they are able to invite to interview based off of the funding available and then do so accordingly. But seeing as it's listed on their website that in-persons should be conducted the last Friday of January and first Friday of February, I would assume that at the latest we should have an update by early next week. 

Edited by Keyz

13 minutes ago, Keyz said:

I haven't received an in-person interview invite from Iowa State yet, however, after my phone interview I was told to wait a week or two to hear back about what's next, which sounds promising. However, since I live in Iowa and go to school here, we had a big snow storm in the midwest during the past week that has apparently delayed things for some other midwest schools and there is an upcoming winter storm due to hit this weekend. So there is a chance that that could be impacting things as well. However, the graduate students in my research lab also told me that the length of time depends on the department figuring out funding and how many people they are able to invite to interview based off of the funding available and then do so accordingly. But seeing as it's listed on their website that in-persons should be conducted the last Friday of January and first Friday of February, I would assume that at the latest we should have an update by early next week. 

Thank you so much for this information! I was told that I would hear back in early Janurary back in Decemeber. We’ll just have to sit tight and wait then. Hope you stay warm and safe in the snow! And good luck!

2 hours ago, Fi19 said:

Thank you so much for this information! I was told that I would hear back in early Janurary back in Decemeber. We’ll just have to sit tight and wait then. Hope you stay warm and safe in the snow! And good luck!

No problem! I know how you feel though, the anxiety of waiting and mindless email refreshing gets to you after a while. But good luck to you as well, hopefully good news comes soon enough.

15 minutes ago, CallMeMaybe said:

I saw someone post on the results page that all the clinical invites at Georgia State have been extended. Does anyone know about counseling ? 

I haven't heard anything from them, and I haven't seen anything on the results page yet either.  I'm hoping they haven't started reaching out yet. 

32 minutes ago, topsailpsych said:

I haven't heard anything from them, and I haven't seen anything on the results page yet either.  I'm hoping they haven't started reaching out yet. 

@topsailpsych thanks so much, looks like we have a few other schools alike pending...Texas Tech/UT Austin.  Hope I get to see you at some of these interviews :) 

19 hours ago, Fi19 said:

Thank you!! 

I think University of Maryland has sent their invites. I got an email from my PI individually, but it was late December and the interview day is Feb 1. So I think they're probably all sent by now. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, ILoveCounseling511 said:

I think University of Maryland has sent their invites. I got an email from my PI individually, but it was late December and the interview day is Feb 1. So I think they're probably all sent by now. Good luck! 

Oh no... Thank you for this! Best of luck for your interview!

I know that a lot of programs don't send invites until late January, but I'm getting anxious! Has anyone heard from University of Vermont (clinical), Miami University (clinical), University of Tennessee-Knoxville, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, or University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign?

I got an invite from New Mexico State University just a few days ago. I also have interviews at Texas Tech and Ball State University coming up soon.. They both sent their invites in December.

1 minute ago, crysslaine said:

I know that a lot of programs don't send invites until late January, but I'm getting anxious! Has anyone heard from University of Vermont (clinical), Miami University (clinical), University of Tennessee-Knoxville, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, or University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign?

I got an invite from New Mexico State University just a few days ago. I also have interviews at Texas Tech and Ball State University coming up soon.. They both sent their invites in December.

If it’s Miami University at Ohio, they sent out invites a while ago. Good luck on your upcoming interviews!

4 minutes ago, crysslaine said:

I’m pretty sure that UT-Knoxville already sent out all of their invites in December. I’ve seen a few postings for Nebraska as well from December. Good luck! Stay focused!

16 minutes ago, Fi19 said:

If it’s Miami University at Ohio, they sent out invites a while ago. Good luck on your upcoming interviews!

12 minutes ago, Plsgivemeaninterview said:

I’m pretty sure that UT-Knoxville already sent out all of their invites in December. I’ve seen a few postings for Nebraska as well from December. Good luck! Stay focused!

Thank you both!!