Fall 2019 Counseling Psych PhD Applicants

futcounspsych

New Mexico State University just sent an e-mail that I am placed at second alternate choice (Waitlist), so anyone who got an interview should check their e-mail since this was sent by a faculty member coordinating the admissions process and not the POI.

9 minutes ago, Marginally Significant said:

New Mexico State University just sent an e-mail that I am placed at second alternate choice (Waitlist), so anyone who got an interview should check their e-mail since this was sent by a faculty member coordinating the admissions process and not the POI.

Lol I get so jealous of you guys that are told what position you are at on the waitlist. My schools didn't tell any of us what position we were at. 

On 2/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, psychnerd! said:

If I haven't received a rejection email for Fordham's PhD Counseling program (but they seem to have been sent out) could this mean I am being considered for their Masters program instead? Radio silence is killin me

They just sent me a email offering admission to their masters program instead of PhD. Check your email. 

On 2/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, topsailpsych said:

I went back and read the whole email (I'd breezed over it during a brake at work originally), and I now have the same secret hope.  It's definitely a strange situation.  We'll see how it goes!

I emailed them and they said no official decisions have been made yet, so keep checking the portal. 

To the person who got waitlisted at Akron - can you DM me? I am deciding between Akron and another school and would love to know what your thoughts on the program are.

On 2/27/2019 at 2:47 PM, Psych020911 said:

I emailed them and they said no official decisions have been made yet, so keep checking the portal. 

Has anyone heard any more recent info from Georgia State since we received the strange email last week?

In case any of y’all were curious: I emailed the graduate programs coordinator at VCU and she said so far to her knowledge only SM has extended an offer and that the other faculty have not told her about extending any offers yet. Good luck to everyone, hopefully we hear soon!!

Update for Iowa State University: I contacted my POI about a week after the estimated time they gave for announcing admissions, I am informed that I am placed as top choice on the waitlist, but it's too early to provide more information beyond that. A friend I made during interviews also told me that she got a rejection e-mail one day prior, so my guess is that e-mails are sent out to interviewees who they made a definitive decision for their application.

• 3 weeks later...

For the person on the results page asking about FSU - I'm the original poster, and my POI is Dr. SB. Shoot me a message if you want any other info :)

I just committed to a program today and released my other offers.  I am simultaneously over the moon and absolutely terrified.  I know I made the right decision for me, but there were so many amazing programs to choose from that I can't help but wonder "what if".  So I'm trying to distract myself with packing and looking into housing options in my soon to be new home.