Ford Fellowship

DevelopingThoughts

On 3/8/2019 at 12:09 PM, poliscibi said:

So are we expecting news back at the end of this month? My guess is March 21-29 we'll start to hear responses. 

The NASEM website says that we'll hear back in April, but I'm also wondering if they're saying that so people don't bombard them with calls/emails earlier than that (like in late March).

Results are in but the site is not loading. I'm on vacation for my friend's bachelorette party so I at least have something to occupy my time while I wait for the page to become available ?

Good luck yall!

Just now, laveritecestla said:

Just got the email that results are posted! 

I think the website is down because of this. I can't see my results!

2 minutes ago, refreshingmyemail said:

Congrats to those who got the fellowship!

I made it round three last year and received HM. This year I got to round 5 and I am alternate. I wonder how many alternates actually make it? Anyone hear of alternates who were awarded the fellowship in the past?

Also an alternate and wondering the same thing. 

Congrats to everyone who got the award! I received an Honorable Mention! :)

Quick question: one of my reviewers rated my employment history as N/A (not applicable), even though I definitely had an extensive list of jobs in my application. Would this “N/A” rating have negatively impacted my overall evaluation? I just don’t get why they didn’t give me an actual rating for that section.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, microbes4life said:

how do you know which round you made it to?

I think most people think of "rounds" as the number of reviewers (not sure if that's an official thing or not).

28 minutes ago, devbioboy said:

I think most people think of "rounds" as the number of reviewers (not sure if that's an official thing or not).

So were there more than 5 reviewers? Or would 5 mean you made it to the last round before final decisions?

15 hours ago, smalltownwater said:

So were there more than 5 reviewers? Or would 5 mean you made it to the last round before final decisions?

To my knowledge, I think that you can get up to 5 reviewers. I had 5 last year and this year and haven't seen more. Again, not sure on what the "rounds" are for Ford.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2019 at 7:22 AM, Assotto said:

Update: I won a Ford Fellowship!!!

Hi ASSOTTO!! Congratulations!!! This is so incredible. I am so happy for you. You must have put a lot of work in this and it paid off.

I applied too but unfortunately it was not meant for me this year. I am considering applying again next year. Would you be willing to share your essays/tips with me? I would so very much appreciate any help I can get.

No worries if you prefer not.

Congratulations again!!!!

• 10 months later...