NYU Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences (F19)

Ayub2306

I applied. 3.84 masters GPA, masters degree, pretty good GRE general scores, no GRE subject test. Currently working as a lab tech. All previous research experience is in bio/biochem but I'm going mainly for virology. American citizen.

Does anyone know when we might hear back? I got an email saying they had way more applicants than in previous years, which isn't comforting.

when international students hear anything. plz post on here. I don't know whether interview invites will be sent out at a later date for international students compared to domestic ones

I got a mail from them saying that the interview invitations are sent from late Dec to late Jan (This is sent to all participants I guess, it's a general email. I got that way early). Going by the trend as seen on the results page for most of the universities that I applied, they send mail first to international candidates. I am non - us. Hence, I guess we have chances.

I applied, was invited for an interview. I don't think they all go out at once, though, because I had a friend who said her NYU Sackler interview was in March (she didn't end up going).Ā 
Stats: 3.7 GPA, finishing a BA in Cell Biology & Neuroscience, 2nd author publication, 4 years research experience

1 hour ago, virusologii said:

I applied, was invited for an interview. I don't think they all go out at once, though, because I had a friend who said her NYU Sackler interview was in March (she didn't end up going).Ā 
Stats: 3.7 GPA, finishing a BA in Cell Biology & Neuroscience, 2nd author publication, 4 years research experience

Thanx fr that. Im hoping. Though i am an international candidate.

I got a mail from them saying that the interview invitations are sent from late Dec to late Jan (This is sent to all participants I guess, it's a general email. I got that way early). Going by the trend as seen on the results page for most of the universities that I applied, they send mail first to international candidates. I am non - us. Hence, I guess we have chances.

Ā 

Ā 

10 hours ago, Macuto said:

Seems that all interviews that went out today were for international students, I guess no Ph.D. for meĀ ?

Let's hope for more to come.Ā