Environmental Management and Policy 2019

hammyc

It's almost priority deadline day for Yale FES and Duke Nicholas. Anyone else applying? And any other MEM or MPP/MPA programs environmental policy?

Edited by hammyc
Missing word

On 12/15/2018 at 5:17 PM, hardikpokhrel said:

Thanks for starting the thread. I applied for Yale and Duke Nicholas along with SEAS Umichigan. 

Did you finish your online interview for Yale? What do they ask?

I haven't! Plan to do it later tonight or tomorrow. I don't know why but I'm pretty nervous about it. Between the three, which is your number 1 pick?

On 12/19/2018 at 3:43 AM, lulul said:

I applied for Yale, SEAS Michigan, and Bren UCSB. 

What does the Yale interview look like? I haven't received the invitation yet. Feel stressed about it. 

You should check your email again. Maybe in Junk. And you should do it quickly. The deadline I got to complete the interview was Dec 21. 

I received the invitation immediately after submitting my application. The interview is a quick three questions -- two verbal, one written. About your motivations in the environment, commitment to your community, etc.

12 hours ago, hammyc said:

You should check your email again. Maybe in Junk. And you should do it quickly. The deadline I got to complete the interview was Dec 21. 

I received the invitation immediately after submitting my application. The interview is a quick three questions -- two verbal, one written. About your motivations in the environment, commitment to your community, etc.

Thanks for your answers!

The admissions officer said I would not receive the email invitation until my payment is successfully completed. I don't know why my payment has not completed yet. My bank account shows that money has been transacted. 

The officer said it is fine to complete the interview after the deadline. 

@hammycYale and Duke being my Number 1 pick. But will very much depend on the financial package and of course I have to get in first. My specialization is Energy and from what I have heard/read from other threads here, Energy is much better at Duke. I am also contemplating SPEA Indiana and UC Boulder (even though they told me its not STEM compliant). What other uni are you applying? 

9 hours ago, hardikpokhrel said:

@hammycYale and Duke being my Number 1 pick. But will very much depend on the financial package and of course I have to get in first. My specialization is Energy and from what I have heard/read from other threads here, Energy is much better at Duke. I am also contemplating SPEA Indiana and UC Boulder (even though they told me its not STEM compliant). What other uni are you applying? 

I'm also thinking about SPEA. But I'm applying already applying to 3 of the big 4 env. management programs, so I'm going to apply to a few policy-focused programs as well, such as Columbia SIPA and American SIS,

• 2 weeks later...

I also applied for FES/Nicholas, and UChicago Harris MPP & SIPA MPA. Duke says in their FAQ that their admission is rolling and priority applications will get their results by early Feb. Yale is my dream school and I really hope to be admitted. Finger crossed!

I needed clarity about the financial aid form. I have already submitted it twice but I have a critical mistake and would like to submit again.

Is it possible that multiple submissions might have an affect on the thinking of the Financial Aid committee about me?

Should I submit it again or not

On 12/15/2018 at 6:17 PM, hardikpokhrel said:

Thanks for starting the thread. I applied for Yale and Duke Nicholas along with SEAS Umichigan. 

Did you finish your online interview for Yale? What do they ask?

I applied for SEAS as well! Have you heard back from them?

10 hours ago, hardikpokhrel said:

They had emailed me that they will get back to me with something by Mid-Feb. I thought that was a generic email. You didn't get one?

I applied by the regular deadline, and they emailed the same thing. I thought those who applied by the priority deadline will hear back sooner - I was wrong. All the best for us! 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hardikpokhrel said:

Its quiet out here. Anybody got any emails? or is it too early ? 

Priority Deadline Decisions would be just around the corner I guess

10 Feb is the date around which results started coming out last 2 years

Edited by SC88

@hardikpokhrel Not quite environmental management programs, but I've received admits from Columbia SIPA MPA-ESP, American SIS GEP, and Boston Pardee MGP Environmental Policy. I'm still waiting on Yale FES, Duke Nicholas and UCSB Bren.

2 hours ago, theoryofnothing said:

Mine was in the same email, under the ‘Funding’ sub-headline.

Are you an international applicant? Also what are your and other views on value for money on this if I don't get any kind of fellowship/grant support? I opted for Sustainable Systems within the Masters program