I is stressed *Non-Judgmental Space for PhD Applicants*

51 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

The senioritis is so real. I'm so antsy about doctoral program applications I'm noticing myself zoning out at internship, in class, at work..... Let it be over already!

I literally refresh this as well as my application portals to see if I've been rejected or accepted off of the waitlist instead of paying attention to class half the time, so I totally feel you. (Also I saw you're supposed to hear back from your top choice today, I wish you the best of luck!)

53 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

The senioritis is so real. I'm so antsy about doctoral program applications I'm noticing myself zoning out at internship, in class, at work..... Let it be over already!

I feel this so, so much. The senioritis is BAD. I wish this process would be over, and then I can focus on the last semester of my undergrad.

3 hours ago, brighteyes said:

I feel this so, so much. The senioritis is BAD. I wish this process would be over, and then I can focus on the last semester of my undergrad.

Same! I can’t do these pointless homework assignments when I’m constantly refreshing tgc. I want to lock in a school so I can stop thinking about it and study!

16 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I asked my psych to up my anxiolytics because this process is causing my hair to literally fall out. Ughhhh.

Literally have my appointment today and get to express just how dead inside this process has made me and how I have become obsessive and anxious (even more than my diagnoses portray lol). I feel you so much right now.

36 minutes ago, pacogri said:

Honestly????? I'm so anxious???? I can't stop thinking about these schools???? I haven't heard from any of the 3 I interviewed for what the hell is going on 

I would upvote this x100 if I could. This is such a mood. 

Sorry for multiple posts but just checked the portal for my top choice and noticed that it has been switched from "Pending" to "Admitted" and I'm freaking out trying not to get too excited until it's email-official.  For all I know somebody checked the wrong box in some system...!

5 hours ago, yeahsouh said:

My landlord reached out to find out whether I wanted to renew my lease which expires at the end of next month. I informed him he is on my wait list. 

Literally the best thing I've read all day.

21 hours ago, pacogri said:

Honestly????? I'm so anxious???? I can't stop thinking about these schools???? I haven't heard from any of the 3 I interviewed for what the hell is going on 

did you reach out to them?

I have one last campus visit tomorrow and I'm super nervous - I feel like I've made a negative impression so far with the program, especially because they didn't interview me. I also don't even have a list of the professors I'll be meeting with, but I'm going to reach out to a current grad student to ask if it's just because I'll be getting that once I get there.

I've gotten like no sleep this week because of midterms & my research getting super busy too, which isn't helping.

I want to be excited but at this point I'm just tired.

Edited by EigenVictor

2 hours ago, EigenVictor said:

I have one last campus visit tomorrow and I'm super nervous - I feel like I've made a negative impression so far with the program, especially because they didn't interview me. I also don't even have a list of the professors I'll be meeting with, but I'm going to reach out to a current grad student to ask if it's just because I'll be getting that once I get there.

I've gotten like no sleep this week because of midterms & my research getting super busy too, which isn't helping.

I want to be excited but at this point I'm just tired.

Good luck! That’s terrible that you don’t have any info on your interviews yet. Try not to stress, not having info makes them look bad, not you! I have two prospective visinext weekend and I haven’t heard a peep from either on schedule or arrangements, including the one that I’m driving to that is putting me up in a hotel and I have no idea what hotel or where it is! 

1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

Just got rejected from my top choice (Northeastern). I got the news at my job, in-between counseling appointments. I had to excuse myself to go ugly cry in the bathroom. 

This sucks. 

*hugs*