2019 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology Admissions Results

ClayR

14 minutes ago, biophys123 said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from MIT CSB? I saw on the results page that some people have already heard back about interviews, and some have already been rejected. I have heard nothing (double-checked my spam folder), and just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear anything at all.

Still waiting as well.

59 minutes ago, biophys123 said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from MIT CSB? I saw on the results page that some people have already heard back about interviews, and some have already been rejected. I have heard nothing (double-checked my spam folder), and just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear anything at all.

42 minutes ago, Dr.Kong said:

Still waiting as well.

I'm also still waiting.

22 hours ago, icerm4 said:

I'm also still waiting.

23 hours ago, Dr.Kong said:

Still waiting as well.

Saw a few more rejections roll in...guess they're slowly culling their final list. Best of luck to all of us to survive the purge :P

On 1/21/2019 at 1:05 PM, skyw said:

Is there anyone heard back from BU about the open house arrangement?  Haven't heard anything since I respond, kinda worried

I also got a open house invitation. I asked them if they could offer me an alternative date or make it a zoom interview since it conflict with recruitment event of another institution. No reply to my email and no one is on the phone up to now.

1 hour ago, balebalebale said:

I also got a open house invitation. I asked them if they could offer me an alternative date or make it a zoom interview since it conflict with recruitment event of another institution. No reply to my email and no one is on the phone up to now.

may be call the person? 

Update:

Harvard; Biostatistics/Bioinformatics (Interview 1/25-1/26)

Caltech; Biology/Computational (in-person interview 1/31-2/3) :)

MIT; CSB (Interview 2/8)

Princeton; QCB (Interview)

UW; Genome Sciences (Interview)

Boston University; Bioinformatics

UCLA; Bioinformatics (Interview)

UPenn; GCB (Interview)

Tri-Institutional; CompBio (Interview)

John Hopkins; Biostatistics (special acceptance) 

Stanford; Computer Science 

UCSD; Bioinformatics (Interview)

CMU-Pitt Joint; CompBio (Acceptance)

34 minutes ago, bound_to_love said:

Update:

Harvard; Biostatistics/Bioinformatics (Interview 1/25-1/26)

Caltech; Biology/Computational (in-person interview 1/31-2/3) :)

MIT; CSB (Interview 2/8)

Princeton; QCB (Interview)

UW; Genome Sciences (Interview)

Boston University; Bioinformatics

UCLA; Bioinformatics (Interview)

UPenn; GCB (Interview)

Tri-Institutional; CompBio (Interview)

John Hopkins; Biostatistics (special acceptance) 

Stanford; Computer Science 

UCSD; Bioinformatics (Interview)

CMU-Pitt Joint; CompBio (Acceptance)

wow, this is just an amazing result. Big Cong!

On 1/25/2019 at 6:03 PM, Chickpeas_ said:

Does anyone know if a lack of response from UCB at this point means soft rejection? I assume it does, but would like to be sure before I make a different commitment.

I was in the same boat - I had to schedule various flights, but was waiting to hear back from UC Berkeley's comp bio program since it would impact my flight plans. In the end, I just emailed Kate Chase (the admin), explained my situation, and she responded to let me know that I had been rejected. If you email her, you may get an answer!

2 hours ago, biobioplease said:

I was in the same boat - I had to schedule various flights, but was waiting to hear back from UC Berkeley's comp bio program since it would impact my flight plans. In the end, I just emailed Kate Chase (the admin), explained my situation, and she responded to let me know that I had been rejected. If you email her, you may get an answer!

Will do, thanks for the info.

Does anybody know if at this point no news = implicit rejection from Princeton QCB and Harvard SysBio? Trying to decide if I should try to leverage my Fulbright semi-finalist standing.... probably not the greatest strategy, but if I have nothing to lose, maybe it’s worth a shot. Advice appreciated. 

11 hours ago, ClayR said:

Does anybody know if at this point no news = implicit rejection from Princeton QCB and Harvard SysBio? Trying to decide if I should try to leverage my Fulbright semi-finalist standing.... probably not the greatest strategy, but if I have nothing to lose, maybe it’s worth a shot. Advice appreciated. 

I'm in the same boat with Princeton QCB. Seconded -- any insight would be much appreciated.

My personal opinion is that you should reach out to them with any updates. I think it's very likely that you won't be accepted if you haven't heard anything yet, but it's worth some kind of shot. I recently reached out to a handful of schools with a new publication, so I am following my own advice :)

7 hours ago, biobioplease said:

My personal opinion is that you should reach out to them with any updates. I think it's very likely that you won't be accepted if you haven't heard anything yet, but it's worth some kind of shot. I recently reached out to a handful of schools with a new publication, so I am following my own advice :)

My PI recommended the same. Best of luck! Currently at my first interview :D