I know TONS of clinical programs have their interviews this weekend. That said, I want to send all the best vibes to everyone for their interviews!!! You've worked really hard to get to this point, and this is your chance to really blow them away! BUT don't forget to breathe and enjoy meeting the people who will most likely be your colleagues or collaborators in the future. Also, remember to assess how well the program fits YOU. Good luck everyone!!

On 1/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, humanisticPOV said:

I would suggest checking out the “results” tab on here which allows you to search for interview, acceptances, and invites from specific schools or programs.

I heard from the Clinical Psychology program at John Jay on 1/4, I was invited to an interview on 2/1. I also connected with a few others on the grad cafe who received interview invites that day as well. Best of luck on your applications and don’t allow TGC to feed TOO much anxiety :)

Thanks for the info.  I found out that they misfiled my transcripts from one of my schools, so it looks like my application wasn't even considered.  So frustrating.  Good luck on your interview, though. 

On 1/30/2019 at 11:01 AM, PsychWannabee said:

I know TONS of clinical programs have their interviews this weekend. That said, I want to send all the best vibes to everyone for their interviews!!! You've worked really hard to get to this point, and this is your chance to really blow them away! BUT don't forget to breathe and enjoy meeting the people who will most likely be your colleagues or collaborators in the future. Also, remember to assess how well the program fits YOU. Good luck everyone!!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I can’t like this, reached my limit for the morning apparently LOL

How did everyone’s big weekend go? It feels like SO many incredible programs had interviews this weekend. I went to 2 back to back and honestly LOVED both programs and their students ?????

I wrote an honors thesis as an undergrad (legit many years ago) and reference it on my CV. I remember what it was on (obvs) but I do not have a copy of it anywhere, nor does my previous advisor. I have not done a ton of research since, and am trying to figure out how to address my thesis if it comes up. I can give  a summary but not a ton of details/ bring in copies. Has this been an issue for anyone/ any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

I wrote an honors thesis as an undergrad (legit many years ago) and reference it on my CV. I remember what it was on (obvs) but I do not have a copy of it anywhere, nor does my previous advisor. I have not done a ton of research since, and am trying to figure out how to address my thesis if it comes up. I can give  a summary but not a ton of details/ bring in copies. Has this been an issue for anyone/ any suggestions?

Schools often require you to submit a copy of the thesis to the department. Can you call the school to ask if they possibly have a copy? Or search your old emails from that time to see if you sent it to someone? I kept sending my dissertation back and forth to myself and my supervisor.

2 hours ago, FreudEgg said:

No one has ever asked me to see any of my publications listed on my CV... I wouldn't worry about it too much! Seems unlikely they would request a copy unless you are using it to cover some sort of requirement (master's thesis requirement, etc.)

1 hour ago, Oluwachristabel said:

Schools often require you to submit a copy of the thesis to the department. Can you call the school to ask if they possibly have a copy? Or search your old emails from that time to see if you sent it to someone? I kept sending my dissertation back and forth to myself and my supervisor.

Oh good idea about calling the school!! I wish I had it in my email, but I no longer have my school email address, and my old comp broke  taking  all of the contents with it (clearly underscoring the importance of backing stuff up!).

9 minutes ago, humanisticPOV said:

No one has ever asked me to see any of my publications listed on my CV... I wouldn't worry about it too much! Seems unlikely they would request a copy unless you are using it to cover some sort of requirement (master's thesis requirement, etc.)

Ok good to know, and I am not trying to use it to cover a requirement, so hopefully no issue! Thanks!!

13 minutes ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

what does it mean to be waitlisted, after the school has already had interviews? I just got an email from UVA saying that I am waitlisted, but I had already assumed denial since their interviews happened awhile ago...

That means if those offered admission decline, then they would start giving those waitlisted (you) interviews/offers of admission! Hang in there :) there is still hope!

3 hours ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

what does it mean to be waitlisted, after the school has already had interviews? I just got an email from UVA saying that I am waitlisted, but I had already assumed denial since their interviews happened awhile ago...

3 hours ago, Mickey26 said:

That means if those offered admission decline, then they would start giving those waitlisted (you) interviews/offers of admission! Hang in there :) there is still hope!

I was also waitlisted at UVA. Thank you for the information! Glad there's still a bit of hope! Also, does anyone know if accepting an eventual offer after having been waitlisted affect any sort of funding? 

15 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I can’t like this, reached my limit for the morning apparently LOL

How did everyone’s big weekend go? It feels like SO many incredible programs had interviews this weekend. I went to 2 back to back and honestly LOVED both programs and their students ?????

I fell IN LOVE with the program I interviewed at, and I know it'll be really disappointing if I don't get in. I really didn't expect to love it as much as I did!

49 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I know this sounds lame but... I wish I could somehow connect with all the people I interviewed with! LOL I wanna know where you are all going to end up!!!!! And make friendships across universities ugh ❤️ 

I relate to this so much! I seriously pulled out my phone and made LinkedIn connections right there with a lot of the people I met so I could follow their career and, who knows, possibly collaborate with them in the future :) Always a pleasure to meet so many talented individuals with similar interests!!!! Thanks to all the fellow applicants that made my interviews that much more enjoyable!

18 minutes ago, humanisticPOV said:

I relate to this so much! I seriously pulled out my phone and made LinkedIn connections right there with a lot of the people I met so I could follow their career and, who knows, possibly collaborate with them in the future :) Always a pleasure to meet so many talented individuals with similar interests!!!! Thanks to all the fellow applicants that made my interviews that much more enjoyable!

I wish I would've thought of this!!! Definitely going to do this for my remaining interviews

5 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

I wish I would've thought of this!!! Definitely going to do this for my remaining interviews

Yup, got ppl's #s if their interests were similar to mine. Gonna be colleagues in the future, even if they get the spot I want in the program.

How I ranked programs before I applied vs. how I ranked programs after interviewing........... WOW.

I didn’t expect to be so in love with these programs. Seriously. And the program I interviewed with this weekend was so amazing. It has officially bumped up to my #1 spot. ALL THE NERVES AND PRESSURE! ????????????

45 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

How I ranked programs before I applied vs. how I ranked programs after interviewing........... WOW.

I didn’t expect to be so in love with these programs. Seriously. And the program I interviewed with this weekend was so amazing. It has officially bumped up to my #1 spot. ALL THE NERVES AND PRESSURE! ????????????

That is so great though!!! 

I just called James Madison University regarding their Combined Clinical and School Psychology PsyD program. They mentioned they will be reviewing applications today and should be reaching out for interviews between this afternoon and tomorrow. The person I spoke to also mentioned that the process took a little longer than usual this year because they received a higher number of applicants compared to previous years and that this is by far one of the most competitive years.