13 hours ago, ASDadvocate said:

It is exhausting! I really think that it depends on the program, school, and professors you're applying to and what the strengths and emphasis of each are. I'm hoping to work with individuals with ASD in community settings. If I had never worked with this population in these settings, I would be in for a rude awakening. I think this is an important part of the process too! Cheering for you and all your clinical experience!

Very true, cheering for you as well! ASD kiddos and their families need passionate people in the field, best of luck to you in this process!

10 hours ago, Silverrida said:

I'd say this was a good move. I think what a lot of clinical applicants forget is that, at the end of the day, a Ph.D. is a research program. I'd argue schools are interested in training you to perform clinical work their way. They want to know you can conduct research; they will take care of beefing up your clinical work. All that is to say you probably cannot go too far toward emphasizing research.

That makes me feel a bit more confident. I definitely spent most of my SOP discussing what research directions I'd like to take, using that basic assumption so I'm happy I was correctly guided! My application mentor said essentially this.

44 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

TGC is basically telling me I’m annoying and have “liked too many things today” LOL so I can’t like this. 

It is comforting to know I’m not the only one refreshing this damn forum + my email every 5mins from my phone  ?

This has happened to me for like 4 days in a row now.

We need to be able to like more things TGC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone apply to URI? I received an email from the grad school on 12/3 thanking me for applying and saying that I would be notified when the application is sent to the department for review, but still haven't heard anything about the department reviewing my application and I have not been able to get in touch with the grad school...

2 hours ago, PsychWannabee said:

I think I just got my first rejection, but I'm too scared to open the email...

I was in your shoes last year. I applied to 10 schools. I only got an invite to 1 and I got accepted there and love it. The rejections sting, but it happens. You'll end up in the right place. There are just so many qualified applicants and so few spots, it makes the process hard for everyone. 

1 minute ago, checkingmyemail said:

How was it? I'm dying over here in case you want to PM me and debrief ? This process is sh&^tty!

It was a false alarm.  It was just a notification that they had reviewed my application, and it is "awaiting a final evaluation by the Graduate Chair". I thought it was a rejection because this school sent out mass rejections around this time last year. ?

23 minutes ago, Hk328 said:

I was in your shoes last year. I applied to 10 schools. I only got an invite to 1 and I got accepted there and love it. The rejections sting, but it happens. You'll end up in the right place. There are just so many qualified applicants and so few spots, it makes the process hard for everyone. 

This is my first time applying, and I keep telling myself I only need one acceptance! Then I get scared I won't even get one out of the 15 schools I applied to.

1 hour ago, PsychWannabee said:

It was a false alarm.  It was just a notification that they had reviewed my application, and it is "awaiting a final evaluation by the Graduate Chair". I thought it was a rejection because this school sent out mass rejections around this time last year. ?

Was it University of Nebraska? I got that email too. Gave me a mini heart attack until I saw that it was just a notification that it had been reviewed and was awaiting final evaluation. 

2 hours ago, SoldierOn said:

Was it University of Nebraska? I got that email too. Gave me a mini heart attack until I saw that it was just a notification that it had been reviewed and was awaiting final evaluation. 

Yes! I almost cried when I got the email notification. It's my top choice ?

Edited by PsychWannabee

6 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

Seeing the Toledo invites pour through...............

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 11.06.13 AM.png

This is still me at work. What a crappy day. If any of the UToledo invites applied to work with J.E., could you please PM me? Just want to cross of the program and get out of my misery! ;) Thank you all and kick ass in your interviews!

4 hours ago, PsychWannabee said:

That's super weird, I applied to UNL as well (and it's my top choice too!!) but I didn't receive any email like that at all. Just logged in to my account and it still just says it's under review. What the hell does that mean... this stress is literally the worst.

28 minutes ago, rainydaychai said:

That's super weird, I applied to UNL as well (and it's my top choice too!!) but I didn't receive any email like that at all. Just logged in to my account and it still just says it's under review. What the hell does that mean... this stress is literally the worst.

Maybe they haven't finished reviewing your application, or it means I'll be getting a rejection email soon...

It sounds like such a great program! Who did you apply to work with?

Edited by PsychWannabee

1 minute ago, PsychWannabee said:

Maybe they haven't finished reviewing your application, or it means I'll be getting a rejection email soon...

Ahh, I'm stressing because I didn't get the email and you're stressing because you did. The joys of application season. Hopefully that's not the case for you! ? Also just very strange as I checked both the results page for UNL last year and their program website and it says the interview invites are sent out early- to mid-January. So it would be super early if they were able to do it now. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:14 PM, checkingmyemail said:

How did you pull this off! Those Statements must’ve been exhausting ? What did your recommenders say about your different interests across the programs?

For mine, I kept it broadly to my main focus (and my experiences, which are very specific to my area of interest and population), but added on to every individual Statement something that each POI was simultaneously working on/had experience with. 

yeah- one was classification of personality disorders, one was depression gxe interaction, one was aggression and conduct disorders gxe. so related I guess.

Meaning what were their thoughts on it or what did the letters say?

12 hours ago, rainydaychai said:

Ahh, I'm stressing because I didn't get the email and you're stressing because you did. The joys of application season. Hopefully that's not the case for you! ? Also just very strange as I checked both the results page for UNL last year and their program website and it says the interview invites are sent out early- to mid-January. So it would be super early if they were able to do it now. 

I didn't get an email from Nebraska either and my portal says still under review.. It's one of my top choices so freaking out a little. Did everyone apply for clinical that had their status change?

20 minutes ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

I didn't get an email from Nebraska either and my portal says still under review.. It's one of my top choices so freaking out a little. Did everyone apply for clinical that had their status change?

Yes, I was clinical and my status changed. However, it went back to "under review" after like 20 minutes of being "reviewed". I am wondering if it was perhaps a clerical error. 

23 hours ago, Oluwachristabel said:

We need to be able to like more things TGC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already met my limit as of 4:00AM this morning LMAO and it was "3 likes." TGC-  YOU are annoying. Not I.

Here's to hoping I don't cry today and see SOMETHING in my inbox. CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING FOLKS........

21 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I've already met my limit as of 4:00AM this morning LMAO and it was "3 likes." TGC-  YOU are annoying. Not I.

Here's to hoping I don't cry today and see SOMETHING in my inbox. CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING FOLKS........

LMAO. You are so extra, I love it! ?

2 hours ago, buckeyepsych said:

Yes, I was clinical and my status changed. However, it went back to "under review" after like 20 minutes of being "reviewed". I am wondering if it was perhaps a clerical error. 

Experienced the same thing here w/ my UNL Clinical app. I got an e-mail the day before yesterday saying there was an update in the status of my application. I checked my application portal and it said my application status was "Reviewed." Yesterday, I got another e-mail of the same kind saying that my application went back "Under review." ? Trying to remain calm.