1 hour ago, checkingmyemail said:

I would strongly suggest trying indeed.com. Look for the keywords "psychology research" or "child psychology research" or anything you think might populate opportunities, and don't limit your search to locations. This is how I found my current position in a highly competitive academic/clinical research based center, coordinating a RCT with a prominent PI in my field who's an expert with the clinical population I'd like to work with/my POIs have experience working with. 

Thanks for the tips! I have done quite a bit of searching, as well as reaching out to potential profs at schools near me with fairly minimal luck unfortunately. But I will keep on keepin' on! Something is bound to pop up!

Guest Clickingrefresh
17 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

....................The radio silence on the results page and my inbox is killing me. LITERALLY, LAWD

SERIOUSLY. I also need my family memebers to stop calling about holiday plans. Every time the phone rings, I get my hopes up that it’s an invite ??

....................The radio silence on the results page and my inbox is killing me. LITERALLY, LAWD

SAME. One of my PIs said I'd hear back "by the end of the week" and I'm like  ? ? ? (as if I haven't been checking my email every 30 seconds all week saying "well she said BY the end of the week so maybe Tuesday isn't too early??). At this point I'm not sure if my brain will survive long enough to actually get into a program lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

Officially rejected by UNL today. Yes, I am crying.

? It hurts. It SUCKS. I’ve been there before!

Let me just say rejections do not define you whatsoever. They also are NOT the end of your journey in Psychology. This process is very competitive, quite frankly ridiculous, and it took everything in me to “build myself up,” become a better applicant, and apply again, with the fear of not knowing whether I’d ever be “good enough” to ever receive an invite.

This too shall pass!

There are plenty of schools that do not even pick up applications to read until after the new year! Plus, many professors I know don't actually come back to work until classes restart, which is probably next week. Unless you have strong evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't start presuming rejections until February at the earliest!

9 minutes ago, presentfancies said:

UNL is my top choice--- if I get a rejection email today I will be right there with you :(

It was my top choice, too! I'm heartbroken to say the least.

If your application is still under review in MyRed, I think they're still considering you!

7 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

? It hurts. It SUCKS. I’ve been there before!

Let me just say rejections do not define you whatsoever. They also are NOT the end of your journey in Psychology. This process is very competitive, quite frankly ridiculous, and it took everything in me to “build myself up,” become a better applicant, and apply again, with the fear of not knowing whether I’d ever be “good enough” to ever receive an invite.

This too shall pass!

Thank you. I really needed to hear this. This process is brutal.

10 minutes ago, buckeyepsych said:

There are plenty of schools that do not even pick up applications to read until after the new year! Plus, many professors I know don't actually come back to work until classes restart, which is probably next week. Unless you have strong evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't start presuming rejections until February at the earliest!

Thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated! I just got to remind myself that this is all part of the process. 

This is a strange time in my life where I am not looking forward to the weekends... ?

I've heard of like 1 person getting an invite on the weekends and my brain has turned this into an excuse to continue to check my email constantly and have this website open all day. There is no escaping it for me ?

4 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

Cannot..... stop.... checking..... my...... email.......... ****A MESS****

ME TOO. Fml. 3 of my schools are sending out invites this week and next. I basically cannot function. 

LIKE HI NO ONE CONTACT ME UNLESS YOURE ONE OF MY SCHOOLS OKAY THX. 

51 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

ME TOO. Fml. 3 of my schools are sending out invites this week and next. I basically cannot function. 

LIKE HI NO ONE CONTACT ME UNLESS YOURE ONE OF MY SCHOOLS OKAY THX. 

Same. It’s either going to be a week with 3-4 invites or 3-4 rejections, and I’m not emotionally prepared for the latter LOL ?????

Same. It’s either going to be a week with 3-4 invites or 3-4 rejections, and I’m not emotionally prepared for the latter LOL ?????

Honestly at this point I'd so much rather just receive rejections (or interviews ?) and at least know where I stand than have to wait anymore. I feel like rejections will be horrible, but at least it's over and you can deal with it and then focus on interviews, you know? 

7 minutes ago, spookycat said:

Honestly at this point I'd so much rather just receive rejections (or interviews ?) and at least know where I stand than have to wait anymore. I feel like rejections will be horrible, but at least it's over and you can deal with it and then focus on interviews, you know? 

Who are you telling.... LOL. The worst part is NOT knowing. I rather know, cry it out, and get on with my life!!