Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know TONS of clinical programs have their interviews this weekend. That said, I want to send all the best vibes to everyone for their interviews!!! You've worked really hard to get to this point, an

Feeling SO grateful for all of the amazing TSA/government employees/airport staff working through this inexplicable/unnecessary shut down.  To those of you off to interviews over the upcoming day

Honestly I just wanted schools to embrace PSYCAS. The med schools have a centralized system, so does dentistry and podiatry and pharmacy and veterinary and physical therapy and public health.... I cou

Posted Images

Has anyone else heard nothing from any of their schools? I’m a first time applicant, applied to 9 schools, graduated from a top liberal arts school, 3.5 GPA, 158 Quant and Qual and 5AW, 4 years of experience and 3 posters and 1 publication. Wondering if this is pretty typical for a first time applicant! 

Edited by JKPsych
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JKPsych said:

Has anyone else heard nothing from any of their schools? I’m a first time applicant, applied to 9 schools, graduated from a top liberal arts school, 3.5 GPA, 158 Quant and Qual and 5AW, 4 years of experience and 3 posters and 1 publication. Wondering if this is pretty typical for a first time applicant! 

Given that schools have different timelines, its hard to predict. Its also difficult to determine how competitive you are as an applicant--fit with POI, funding, uni politics, what have you, all factor into grad school decisions. Its a long, arduous process that isn't over until it's over. There is a calendar with the interview weekends if that's any solace: https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e 

Keep your chin up! :) Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JKPsych said:

Has anyone else heard nothing from any of their schools? I’m a first time applicant, applied to 9 schools, graduated from a top liberal arts school, 3.5 GPA, 158 Quant and Qual and 5AW, 4 years of experience and 3 posters and 1 publication. Wondering if this is pretty typical for a first time applicant! 

My first time applying was pretty abysmal - I only ended up getting 1 interview offer. I actually don't recall the number of schools I applied to, but it was very small. I ended up getting rejected in the end. I feel I learned a lot from that cycle to try my best to correct the spots where my application was lacking (particularly in getting more relevant research and clinical experiences) and applied to more schools this time. But that was just my experience - don't panic! ? As another poster said, every school has different timelines. I'm still waiting on hearing from a majority of the schools I applied to, so I'm right there with you. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in another forum as well, but I just saw the poster question in results. I emailed Boston University and they let me know that all invites have been extended

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buckeyepsych said:

Things are really heating up in the Wyoming fandom 

lol I was just reading that. Part of me wants to grab the popcorn, the other part of me wants them to stop having a conversation on the results page >___>

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dancedementia said:

lol I was just reading that. Part of me wants to grab the popcorn, the other part of me wants them to stop having a conversation on the results page >___>

I'm here for the messy-ness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jlmk42 said:

anyone hear back from Umass Boston at all? I emailed the clinical coordinator, but have not heard back :(... Im trying so hard to be patient!! 

Keep me updated if you hear anything! It's been crickets for me, as well. They originally said we would hear back ~sometime~ after the 15th of January but that has long since passed! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, honeyrue said:

Keep me updated if you hear anything! It's been crickets for me, as well. They originally said we would hear back ~sometime~ after the 15th of January but that has long since passed! 

UMass Boston sent an email sometime last week saying that if you're invited for an interview you will receive an email or phone call around February 1st

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jamesmp said:

UMass Boston sent an email sometime last week saying that if you're invited for an interview you will receive an email or phone call around February 1st

Great, thank you! I never got that email so thats a tad worrisome! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jamesmp said:

UMass Boston sent an email sometime last week saying that if you're invited for an interview you will receive an email or phone call around February 1st

Thanks for the update! I need to check my spam folder to see where that email may have went. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jamesmp said:

UMass Boston sent an email sometime last week saying that if you're invited for an interview you will receive an email or phone call around February 1st

Hmmm I have also not gotten this email. Do you mind sharing who the email was from? Was it from L.C. or an automated email? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jamesmp said:

It was from LC. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially given the technical issues that they've been contending with.

Thanks for clarifying! Their new system is giving me so much anxiety..... I got their first mass email about Jan 15th but not this one ahaha. What is going on!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Waiting272 said:

How likely is it to get off the waitlist for interview?? (Achem, Suffolk -- I'm looking at you!) ?

They're waiting to see if others decline the opportunity to interview. Given the crapshoot that application cycles are, I doubt anyone would say no to an interview unless they're REALLY strapped for cash or already got into their top choice. That said, Suffolk's interview is much later so maybe someone will change their mind between now and then. Good luck!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

They're waiting to see if others decline the opportunity to interview. Given the crapshoot that application cycles are, I doubt anyone would say no to an interview unless they're REALLY strapped for cash or already got into their top choice. That said, Suffolk's interview is much later so maybe someone will change their mind between now and then. Good luck!!

Thanks! I was thinking that too, it's def probably unlikely ppl turn down interviews. But, I will hold onto hope for a little bit. :) Congrats and good luck at your interview there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.