Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know TONS of clinical programs have their interviews this weekend. That said, I want to send all the best vibes to everyone for their interviews!!! You've worked really hard to get to this point, an

Feeling SO grateful for all of the amazing TSA/government employees/airport staff working through this inexplicable/unnecessary shut down.  To those of you off to interviews over the upcoming day

Honestly I just wanted schools to embrace PSYCAS. The med schools have a centralized system, so does dentistry and podiatry and pharmacy and veterinary and physical therapy and public health.... I cou

Posted Images

1 hour ago, checkingmyemail said:

When you're patiently waiting on additional offers.............. so you can release an offer to someone who may be anxiously on a wailist..................... This process is brutal and unfair af, to everyone involved honestly.

Faculty too! They have to make such difficult decisions arghhhhh so much to lose

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 41l1!I2 said:

Faculty too! They have to make such difficult decisions arghhhhh so much to lose

#waitist LOL I don’t even know wtf I’m typing anymore.

I kind of feel a certain way about faculty 😒.... in my last interview, my PI was interviewing 7+ applicants for 1 position.

The (broken) system in place doesn’t favor the applicants whatsoever, it favors the institutions/departments, which is awful. I’ve said this before, but the field needs to move more towards a system that mirrors the internship application process!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I’ve said this before, but the field needs to move more towards a system that mirrors the internship application process!!!!!!!

Honestly I just wanted schools to embrace PSYCAS. The med schools have a centralized system, so does dentistry and podiatry and pharmacy and veterinary and physical therapy and public health.... I could go on for ages. But noooo, we still have to go through this horrid process. I was so thankful for my schools that DID do PSYCAS because it meant I only needed to send my transcripts ONCE instead of 15 times (that shit is pricey).

Edited by dancedementia
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

#waitist LOL I don’t even know wtf I’m typing anymore.

I kind of feel a certain way about faculty 😒.... in my last interview, my PI was interviewing 7+ applicants for 1 position.

The (broken) system in place doesn’t favor the applicants whatsoever, it favors the institutions/departments, which is awful. I’ve said this before, but the field needs to move more towards a system that mirrors the internship application process!!!!!!!

OMG could you imagine just having to fill out 1 standard application, in a single portal, and only sending your transcripts to 1 place.... We all deserve a medal for enduring the ridiculous amount of processes to complete in order to just submit a single app! Kudos to us all hahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, secondtimecharm said:

did anyone else get an email today about being on the waitlist at UMKC? trying to have some hope!!

I did! Sorry, I'm just now seeing this post. I wasn't offered interviews so I had essentially given up and stopped looking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen rejection posts on the results page for a few places I applied to and I haven't received a rejection yet through email or the portal. Part of me knows that it is only a matter of time before I receive the rejection notice, but part of me is clinging to the last thread of hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 6:00 PM, howtochoose said:

Congrats to everyone who has gotten acceptances! 

Quick question: why isn't WashU on this list? What do you think of this list?

https://www.online-psychology-degrees.org/best/doctoral-programs-in-clinical-psychology/

That is a terrible list. WUSTL is accredited by PCSAS, which I think is a clear indicator that it is a stellar program. I also don't think you should worry too much about program prestige. What I think is more important is who your adviser is, whether you have to pay for your education, and whether you'd be happy attending the program. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 6:14 PM, youngqueerliving said:

That is a terrible list. WUSTL is accredited by PCSAS, which I think is a clear indicator that it is a stellar program. I also don't think you should worry too much about program prestige. What I think is more important is who your adviser is, whether you have to pay for your education, and whether you'd be happy attending the program. 

Thank you! It just seems that every other program is on that list...

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, howtochoose said:

Thank you! It just seems that every other program is on that list...

There are also several programs that definitely do not deserve any sort of mention on a "top doctoral programs" list (e.g. Pacific University and Marywood University) so truly pay that list no mind. It's not a reputable source at all. People just throw these lists together to get clicks.

Edited by youngqueerliving
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

 

I’ve never been so excited for Monday because that’s when the clinical faculty meet for where I interviewed this weekend and my PI said he’d call us Monday night. Aaggghhhhhh 

 

Was this at UNL? If so, I feel you. I so feel you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else hasn’t heard back from Miami Univeristy, Ohio, post-interview? I saw multiple posts for acceptance, waitlist, and rejection that came in various forms. It’s so strange that I didn’t hear anything. Hmmmm.

Edited by Fi19
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rutgers finally confirmed they don't want me xD So now I've heard back officially from all programs except William Paterson (which I know will be a rejection b/c interviews were 2 weeks ago). I have 3 more interviews next week (Mercer, Springfield, Suffolk). But I'm secretly hoping NEU will just admit me already so I don't have to travel anymore x____x

Edited by dancedementia
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.