Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys.  Just found this site and now I can explode my anxiety onto a forum.  Yay!  Has anyone heard back from CUNY's Forensic Clinical Psych program that they run with John Jay? I tried to skim the replies, but I didn't see anything about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know TONS of clinical programs have their interviews this weekend. That said, I want to send all the best vibes to everyone for their interviews!!! You've worked really hard to get to this point, an

Feeling SO grateful for all of the amazing TSA/government employees/airport staff working through this inexplicable/unnecessary shut down.  To those of you off to interviews over the upcoming day

Honestly I just wanted schools to embrace PSYCAS. The med schools have a centralized system, so does dentistry and podiatry and pharmacy and veterinary and physical therapy and public health.... I cou

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, forensicpsych said:

Hi guys.  Just found this site and now I can explode my anxiety onto a forum.  Yay!  Has anyone heard back from CUNY's Forensic Clinical Psych program that they run with John Jay? I tried to skim the replies, but I didn't see anything about it.

I would suggest checking out the “results” tab on here which allows you to search for interview, acceptances, and invites from specific schools or programs.

I heard from the Clinical Psychology program at John Jay on 1/4, I was invited to an interview on 2/1. I also connected with a few others on the grad cafe who received interview invites that day as well. Best of luck on your applications and don’t allow TGC to feed TOO much anxiety :)

Edited by humanisticPOV
Typos
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AnxiouslyAwaitingDecisions said:

Has anyone heard any updates from Rutgers? I saw someone post a denial but any other news?

Negative. Although I feel like the same thing is going to happen like yesterday with Fordham. We start talking about it and the emails are going to start flowing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I have searched results page all schools I am asking about:

Idaho State University searched result and looked through this thread- saw nothing, anyone have insight?

University of Maine searched results and this thread- saw 2 but initials of POI are not matching with anyone I had hoped to work with 

Washington state searched results and this thread- I have seen some on this page but am curious if they are all out yet. I have only received one PM regarding a POI, of whom I wasn't trying to work with either. 

 

Thanks ahead of time and good luck everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, prettypilot2002 said:

Okay, I have searched results page all schools I am asking about:

Idaho State University searched result and looked through this thread- saw nothing, anyone have insight?

University of Maine searched results and this thread- saw 2 but initials of POI are not matching with anyone I had hoped to work with 

Washington state searched results and this thread- I have seen some on this page but am curious if they are all out yet. I have only received one PM regarding a POI, of whom I wasn't trying to work with either. 

 

Thanks ahead of time and good luck everyone. 

I'm (VERY anxiously) waiting on Wash State as well! The CUDCP calendar that's floating around has said today was their deadline for interview invites, but I haven't seen a single poster today which is odd because there's usually a flood on the last day of invites. I spoke with a few people who got invites as far back as before Christmas, but none had my POI so I'm not sure what to think. Was hoping today would be enough to put an end to my waiting (I was expecting to see the results page full of invites, and even if one wasn't for me at least I'd know), but alas - no luck so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WhatLikeItsHard said:

Any word from University of Minnesota’s DPCS program? ?

They typically send out acceptances at the end of January. They may also do Skype interviews sometime in January, but I haven't seen any posts about those here. They typically admit without in-person interviews, and invite accepted applicants to their welcome weekend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

They typically send out acceptances at the end of January. They may also do Skype interviews sometime in January, but I haven't seen any posts about those here. They typically admit without in-person interviews, and invite accepted applicants to their welcome weekend. 

That is beautiful news, thank you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prettypilot2002 said:

Okay, I have searched results page all schools I am asking about:

Idaho State University searched result and looked through this thread- saw nothing, anyone have insight?

University of Maine searched results and this thread- saw 2 but initials of POI are not matching with anyone I had hoped to work with 

Washington state searched results and this thread- I have seen some on this page but am curious if they are all out yet. I have only received one PM regarding a POI, of whom I wasn't trying to work with either. 

 

Thanks ahead of time and good luck everyone. 

I’m wondering about Idaho State University as well. Interested in any information. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I've been dying in the shadows and decided to join the waiting game as well.

I've applied to 9 programs that are either Clinical Science or Clinical Psychology related (UC Berkeley, USC, Loma Linda, SDSU/UCSD JDP, Duke, Dartmouth, Northwestern Feinberg, NYU, and Columbia - Teacher's College) and unfortunately, I have no heard back from any of them either. 

Best of luck to everyone, hopefully this week brings news that we are all looking for!

Edited by anxiouscoffeedrinker
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anxiouscoffeedrinker said:

Hi everyone, I've been dying in the shadows and decided to join the waiting game as well.

I've applied to 9 programs that are either Clinical Science or Clinical Psychology related (UC Berkeley, USC, Loma Linda, SDSU/UCSD JDP, Duke, Dartmouth, Northwestern Feinberg, NYU, and Columbia - Teacher's College) and unfortunately, I have no heard back from any of them either. 

Best of luck to everyone, hopefully this week brings news that we are all looking for!

NYU has a clinical science/psychology program? thought they disbanded it years ago

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys! Has anyone heard from Nova Southeastern University yet? I applied to the Psy.D. Clinical psych program and I'm eagerly hoping to receive an email regarding an interview. Any updates?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dee C said:

Hi Guys! Has anyone heard from Nova Southeastern University yet? I applied to the Psy.D. Clinical psych program and I'm eagerly hoping to receive an email regarding an interview. Any updates?

One of my supervisors is a Nova professor. She mentioned last week that they began reaching out to applicants. I'm not sure if this was for the School Psych Psy.D. program, though. I believe both programs (school and Clinical PsyD) are operated by much of the same faculty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Quick question- I just got an email from my POI that I wasn't picked for the on-campus interview after my phone interview with him almost three weeks ago. I'm noticing that in the results section, a lot of users are saying this means "rejection". Is this true? 

And congrats to everyone who got interviews! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So just curious, for those of you that have been waiting for an email regarding an interview have you guys thought of emailing admissions to once again show your interest, or “sweet talk” them to try to better your chances of receiving an interview? Let me know! I’m somewhat new to this so I’m very curious what you guys think. And Im somewhat freaking out so that’s what i’m thinking of doing. 

Edited by Dee C
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dee C said:

So just curious, for those of you that have been waiting for an email regarding an interview have you guys thought of emailing admissions to once again show your interest, or “sweet talk” them to try to better your chances of receiving an interview? Let me know! I’m somewhat new to this so I’m very curious what you guys think. And Im somewhat freaking out so that’s what i’m thinking of doing. 

Personally, I would not do try to "sweet talk" them to try to increase my chances. I honestly don't think an email expressing interest would actually help. Some places might see it as a nuisance. They know you're interested because you applied. That said, some people email the program coordinators to inquire about when interviews will be sent out, and this usually works out fine.

We're all incredibly anxious in this waiting period! It's okay :) Just hang in there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

Personally, I would not do try to "sweet talk" them to try to increase my chances. I honestly don't think an email expressing interest would actually help. Some places might see it as a nuisance. They know you're interested because you applied. That said, some people email the program coordinators to inquire about when interviews will be sent out, and this usually works out fine.

We're all incredibly anxious in this waiting period! It's okay :) Just hang in there!

Thank you! I’m just so nervous, I really want it and it’s so competitive ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.