Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

• 2 weeks later...

@SAAOhioUniversity

Thank you so much for reaching out!! The deadline for applications is coming up on Jan 1st, so I'm not sure if you'll see this in time, but if you have any advice about areas that OhioU seems to focus on (or any other pieces of wisdom you might have) I'd be open to hear it!  Because the answer limits to the questions on the application are so short, I'm having trouble focusing on answering the prompt with something that is both true to me but also what I think they'd want to see.  A little direction, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I'm so happy someone created this group!!! I'm almost done with my applications, I am applying to USF, UF, Auburn, ETSU and ECU!  I'm SO nervous!? Good luck to everyone!!

On 1/19/2019 at 9:59 PM, claritycards22 said:

Has anyone applying to Cincinnati heard anything about filling out the supplemental application??

I emailed someone a few days ago, and they said they will not send the supplemental application until the end of the month!! I was starting to worry also!

Hi there!

This year I'm only applying to UAMS in Little Rock where I live. I am a non-traditional student who graduated in 2014 but I was going back to do prerequisite course work for SLP. Decided to change tracks and go ahead and apply for AuD (fewer prereqs). In the process of applying now though I am irrevocably hooked and invested in getting into school for the fall. I'm still taking some SLP classes for the spring though just in case I don't get in. 

Hi! 
My name is Andrea and this year i'm applying to 9 schools. UMAS, South Alabama and Dakota, Lamar,Central Michigan,Missouri, Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech, and Wichita State. I am also applying to a cognitive neuroscience program at UT Dallas and SLP program at Texas State as potential backup plans..  I graduated in 2016 with a COMD degree. 3.2 GPA  with a bunch of special needs and Deaf community experience. I've only applied to La tech and Texas tech the past two years and have gotten waitlisted both times, so i'm really hoping to get into a program this year! Audiology has been my passion and i even took the opportunity to work in the allergy dept at an ENT clinic just to be able to work part time with audiologists. Good  luck to everyone!!

Edited by AuD(ream)

Hi all, 

This is the third application cycle that I will be applying to graduate schools in Audiology, the first time I applied to 5 different programs, the second time, I got 7 and now I am applying to nine different programs. I applied the fall of my senior year, and have since graduated May of 2017 from the University of Texas at Austin. I'll be quite honest, I think the main reason that I have gotten interviews at this point has been that I have working full-time as an Audiology Assistant in a clinic in my hometown since July of 2017. (yay hands-on experience!), even though I only have a 3.2 CSD GPA and a 3.4 overall GPA. In addition, I have taken my GRE 3 times, and finally got over 50th percentile for both Verbal and Quantitative reasoning. 

Here are my schools as follow: 

UT Austin, Lamar, Texas Tech, LSU, Salus, Florida State University, Wayne State University, CMU, Pacific University, 

Bolded=Interview stage

If anyone has attended Salus or  Pacific for their undergrad and can potentially tell me anything about their interview process, that would be greatly appreciated. I interviewed with both Wayne State and Pacific Univesity (oregon), last year, and have researched the professors and campuses for both of the programs. 

My interview is coming up on the 4th for Salus, and the 8th for Pacific University, if anyone can give me any pointers for those programs. 

Also does anyone know if Lamar and Wayne State has sent out their interviews yet? 

God Bless all of you and your endeavors. 

12 hours ago, CeNayNay said:

Hi all, 

This is the third application cycle that I will be applying to graduate schools in Audiology, the first time I applied to 5 different programs, the second time, I got 7 and now I am applying to nine different programs. I applied the fall of my senior year, and have since graduated May of 2017 from the University of Texas at Austin. I'll be quite honest, I think the main reason that I have gotten interviews at this point has been that I have working full-time as an Audiology Assistant in a clinic in my hometown since July of 2017. (yay hands-on experience!), even though I only have a 3.2 CSD GPA and a 3.4 overall GPA. In addition, I have taken my GRE 3 times, and finally got over 50th percentile for both Verbal and Quantitative reasoning. 

Here are my schools as follow: 

UT Austin, Lamar, Texas Tech, LSU, Salus, Florida State University, Wayne State University, CMU, Pacific University, 

Bolded=Interview stage

If anyone has attended Salus or  Pacific for their undergrad and can potentially tell me anything about their interview process, that would be greatly appreciated. I interviewed with both Wayne State and Pacific Univesity (oregon), last year, and have researched the professors and campuses for both of the programs. 

My interview is coming up on the 4th for Salus, and the 8th for Pacific University, if anyone can give me any pointers for those programs. 

Also does anyone know if Lamar and Wayne State has sent out their interviews yet? 

God Bless all of you and your endeavors. 

I just flew back from Philly today after interviewing with Salus yesterday morning. Their interview process begins with a blind, one-on-one interview where she asks you questions about audiology, schooling, etc. Then you have another one-on-one interview with an admissions staff member who has seen your file. Here, I was asked strictly about academics, such as, GPA, GRE, any dips in grades, things that may help clarify why you did poorly on subjects or anything of that matter. Next, you will take a tour of the campus given by an AuD student and then have lunch. I started at 10 and left campus by 1:30. 

I really enjoyed my interviews and tour. The campus is small, without feeling crowded, which I liked a lot more than I thought I would. The only negative is I should have looked more into the cost of the program before applying because I was honestly shocked at how expensive it is.

Good luck on your interview!!!

On 1/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, rahopper said:

I just flew back from Philly today after interviewing with Salus yesterday morning. Their interview process begins with a blind, one-on-one interview where she asks you questions about audiology, schooling, etc. Then you have another one-on-one interview with an admissions staff member who has seen your file. Here, I was asked strictly about academics, such as, GPA, GRE, any dips in grades, things that may help clarify why you did poorly on subjects or anything of that matter. Next, you will take a tour of the campus given by an AuD student and then have lunch. I started at 10 and left campus by 1:30. 

I really enjoyed my interviews and tour. The campus is small, without feeling crowded, which I liked a lot more than I thought I would. The only negative is I should have looked more into the cost of the program before applying because I was honestly shocked at how expensive it is.

Good luck on your interview!!!

How long did it take for Salus to respond with an invitation to interview? I sent my application in a little over 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything from them. Do you have to do an in person interview, or do they give you a choice to Skype?

Also, I found out last week that UNL and James Madison want to interview me! Yay!

Edited by jp_futureAuD

I am so happy for everyone who has gotten interviews, and crossing my fingers for the rest of us! The two schools that I applied to don't do interviews, so I wont hear anything until early March based off the last couple of years.... Oh, the wait!

16 hours ago, jp_futureAuD said:

How long did it take for Salus to respond with an invitation to interview? I sent my application in a little over 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything from them. Do you have to do an in person interview, or do they give you a choice to Skype?

Also, I found out last week that UNL and James Madison want to interview me! Yay!

I sent my application in December 10, and it took Salus exactly 10 days to send an invitation, so December 20, but I did not go for the interview until over a month later because I wanted to push it back as far as possible. I interviewed Monday Jan. the 28th, and I got accepted yesterday! 

I believe that they only do in person interviews, and from my experience, I would recommend going just so you can meet people and see the campus.

Hi guys! I also just applied to programs in audiology. I applied to The university of Oklahoma, Wichita state, University of Kansas, University of North Texas, Texas Tech, UAMS, Lamar, Missouri state, and Salus! 

I had an interview with The University of Oklahoma last week and I am flying to Philadelphia for an interview with Salus this week! I am very excited and anxious to hear back from the schools!