Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

I applied to NOAC through Kent State. I also did not attend the information session. I was emailed on Monday about having a phone interview. Not sure if it's different for U of A. 

Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, MeganBee said:

Hear anything from NOAC? Thanks :)

hi!! 

I have not heard anything from NOAC. I didn't attend the visitation day since it was not mandatory, but considering they just had the visitation day, I assume it will be a couple of weeks before we hear. I read in your other comments that they have an interview? I have looked all over their website, and haven't seen anything about an interview process for them. Maybe I missed something?

@rahopper I was told that for NOAC those applicants that could not attend the information session but that they are interested in are asked to chat on the phone for an interview. 

@Littleminchie who are you directing your question about the interview to? I'm still trying to figure out this site lol 

3 hours ago, incus said:

@rahopper I was told that for NOAC those applicants that could not attend the information session but that they are interested in are asked to chat on the phone for an interview. 

@Littleminchie who are you directing your question about the interview to? I'm still trying to figure out this site lol 

I did not know that. I didn't even reply to the visitation day email because I knew I wasn't going to go since it was not mandatory and I would have to fly there. I mean, the email clearly stated that attending was not mandatory for admission. 

4 minutes ago, rahopper said:

I did not know that. I didn't even reply to the visitation day email because I knew I wasn't going to go since it was not mandatory and I would have to fly there. I mean, the email clearly stated that attending was not mandatory for admission. 

I responded to the email thanking them for the invite and letting them know that I would not be able to make it. I was then notified that I would be contacted for an interview if they were interested in my application. 

Edited by incus

2 minutes ago, incus said:

I responded to the email thanking them for the invite and letting them know that I would not be able to make it. I was then notified that I would be contacted for an interview if they were interested in my application. 

Lol, I probably should have replied thanking them at least. I just had a million other things going on when I received the email, and it was the last thing on my mind after I read it!

Just now, incus said:

@rahopper fair enough! Based on the interview I had, I believe that phone interviews are occuring this week with decisions happening the following couple of weeks. But I may be wrong! 

Do you have to have a phone interview to be considered? Did they say that it is part of the process?

18 minutes ago, incus said:

@rahopper hm I am not sure about that. Perhaps you should email someone and ask if there is any additional info about yourself you can provide or ask about the timeline for decisions. 

I just emailed Dr. Miller, and she said that applicants should hear by March 1st. She said I did not need anything else so hopefully I am still okay? 

6 hours ago, incus said:

@rahopper hm I am not sure about that. Perhaps you should email someone and ask if there is any additional info about yourself you can provide or ask about the timeline for decisions. 

Hey everybody! Man is this website weird to navigate, lol. I haven't received an e-mail requesting an interview so I am freaking out. I believe you are asked for an interview if they are interested in your application and you were unable to attend visitation day, but I am no1 100% positive. I am nervous because I have a mediocre undergraduate GPA, but a pretty high graduate GPA so I'm hoping they will look at my Master's GPA instead of my undergrad but I'm not sure. Looking at past years, it seems like they start to announce acceptances at the beginning of March; but I really don't want to wait that long! lol! I have e-mailed Dr. Forbes at Kent way too many times so I don't want to her ask any more questions - but I really do have so many! I really wish everybody the best of luck! I hope we all get in! : )If you guys hear anything, let me know! Thanks in advance! : )

Hello again! I just wanted to add this...this is Dr. MIller's response when I advised that I would not be able to attend visitation day: 

"After review of your application, should the admissions committee consider you for admission, they will contact you to schedule a Skype interview with members of the committee. 

Good luck, Dr. Miller "

17 minutes ago, MeganBee said:

Hello again! I just wanted to add this...this is Dr. MIller's response when I advised that I would not be able to attend visitation day: 

"After review of your application, should the admissions committee consider you for admission, they will contact you to schedule a Skype interview with members of the committee. 

Good luck, Dr. Miller "

That is the exact email that I received! I was contacted by someone at Kent State on Monday and ended up doing a phone interview rather than a Skype interview. She asked about my availability for this week for the interview, so it was a pretty quick turnaround. 

3 minutes ago, incus said:

That is the exact email that I received! I was contacted by someone at Kent State on Monday and ended up doing a phone interview rather than a Skype interview. She asked about my availability for this week for the interview, so it was a pretty quick turnaround. 

I'm so worried; I haven't heard anything : ( 

I really hope I get accepted somehow. We'll see! Thanks so much for getting back to me and good luck on your interview! If you hear anything else, please let me know : ) 

@MeganBee  You will be okay!! I just got accepted to a school I had no correspondence with, and no interview with. And thank you! I actually already had my interview with Dr. Forbes. She was INCREDIBLY sweet and the entire thing was very lowkey. 

So if anyone else is reading and has an interview with NOAC coming up, do NOT stress about it. 

Edited by incus

4 minutes ago, MeganBee said:

I'm so worried; I haven't heard anything : ( 

I really hope I get accepted somehow. We'll see! Thanks so much for getting back to me and good luck on your interview! If you hear anything else, please let me know : ) 

When I emailed Dr. Miller today, she said that the committee is meeting next week, so maybe they will reach out then if possible? 

7 minutes ago, incus said:

@MeganBee  You will be okay!! I just got accepted to a school I had no correspondence with, and no interview with. And thank you! I actually already had my interview with Dr. Forbes. She was INCREDIBLY sweet and the entire thing was very lowkey. 

So if anyone else is reading and has an interview with NOAC coming up, do NOT stress about it. 

You made me feel a lot better, thank you so much! Did she say anything about the applicant pool or decisions or anything? I'm still so nervous, lol. I appreciate your help!

7 minutes ago, rahopper said:

When I emailed Dr. Miller today, she said that the committee is meeting next week, so maybe they will reach out then if possible? 

That's helpful, thank you! Maybe they will go over more applications or something like that, lol. I hate having to wait.