Audiology Applicants Fall 2019

allaboutears

It breaks my heart that I haven’t been called/contacted for an interview at NOAC. I’m so worried I might not get selected; this is the only school I was able to apply to location wise.  Hoping for a miracle at this point. Lol. 

@MeganBee It is very possible that the people who got contacted about phone calls are the people who just replied saying they wouldn't be coming. I'm sure they have a record of who they invited to the day and who replied with an RSVP and who replied saying they couldn't come/didn't reply. I don't think you should get discouraged just yet! :) In my interview, the person I talked to said they would be meeting on Monday to discuss applicants and that they would go from there. It's very possible that they just haven't contacted some people yet! 

Also (for everybody who applied), do you think we will hear back from Northwestern by Friday like they said we would? I'm getting anxious!! 

Edited by jp_futureAuD

1 minute ago, jp_futureAuD said:

X

I also got my admission from U of A even though I applied to Kent! 

Here's my hunch: I received an offer of funding. I'm thinking maybe the funding is through U of A. Did you receive a funding offer too? 

To everyone who has applied to UAMS:

i had received an email back from the Dept of the Program and he had told me 

"As you may know, January 15th was the deadline, but we wait until after February 15th to give CSDCAS time to verify transcripts. The Audiology faculty has already met to review applications, and we now have applicants rank-ordered for offers of admission to be approved by the UAMS College of Professions office. We will be reaching out to applicants soon with either a letter of offer, and notification of being placed on the waiting list."

I had not gotten an interview..but i did schedule to see them end of September last year to meet faculty,the program, and some of the students...so i'm hoping that counts as my interview portion..
we should be getting notified real soon though!

16 hours ago, AuD(ream) said:

To everyone who has applied to UAMS:

i had received an email back from the Dept of the Program and he had told me 

"As you may know, January 15th was the deadline, but we wait until after February 15th to give CSDCAS time to verify transcripts. The Audiology faculty has already met to review applications, and we now have applicants rank-ordered for offers of admission to be approved by the UAMS College of Professions office. We will be reaching out to applicants soon with either a letter of offer, and notification of being placed on the waiting list."

I had not gotten an interview..but i did schedule to see them end of September last year to meet faculty,the program, and some of the students...so i'm hoping that counts as my interview portion..
we should be getting notified real soon though!

@AuD(ream) I reached out and was told they would not be doing interviews. Not sure why.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, AuD(ream) said:

@CeNayNay Were you waitlisted three times also to the schools you applied? Also, which ones did you apply to in the past?

The first year I was Interviewed by Texas Tech--> wait listed, (I applied to Gallaudet, UT Austin, UT Dallas, Arizona State University, Texas Tech, and one more I can't remember which)

Second time, Interviewed by Wayne State, Pacific University, and Texas Tech all wait listed. (Applied to WSU, Texas Tech, UT Austin, UT Dallas, Pacific University, Gallaudet, CMU, ) waitlisted by all three of the programs that I interviewed with. 

On 2/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, AuD(ream) said:

Has anyone heard from Lamar, UAMS, South Alabama and Dakota, La Tech, and Missouri yet? My anxiety has been through the roof!

I was invited to interview day at Lamar on 3/2 but I have yet to hear from UAMS, LA Tech, and Missouri! I also reached out to UAMS and found out similar things that have already been said on this page. Keeping my fingers crossed! 

Edited by Audok
new information

On 1/14/2019 at 3:54 PM, libAuD said:

Hey everyone!

I'm so happy someone created this group!!! I'm almost done with my applications, I am applying to USF, UF, Auburn, ETSU and ECU!  I'm SO nervous!? Good luck to everyone!!

Have you heard back from ETSU, USF or ECU yet?

On 2/22/2019 at 11:37 AM, AuD(ream) said:

@Audok have you reached out to the other three schools also?

I have a friend in the program at Missouri and she was notified the first week of March last year so I didn't reach out, just playing the waiting game!