2018 - 2019 Decision Thread (Share when you heard back from schools!)

sandmoon

Congrats to those who got in yesterday! According to one of the results posters, GW sent out 30 acceptances yesterday. That’s probably everybody they’ll accept for this year, right?

Edited by amyvt98

5 hours ago, amyvt98 said:

Congrats to those who got in yesterday! According to one of the results posters, GW sent out 30 acceptances yesterday. That’s probably everybody they’ll accept for this year, right?

It's likely that that's nearly, if not all of those they'll accept (before the potential March waitlist accepts anyways). It looks like last year according to someone's post in the survey section, they had a different method of accepting people, and invited 40 to campus to interview and accepted 34. So if 30 people already received acceptances, that's likely it. 

35 minutes ago, IR&Coffee said:

I was contacted on the 11th for an interview with UW-Madison and it took place on the 15th. I still haven't heard anything back. Any cause for concern?

The people reporting acceptances said they were unofficial notifications from their POIs, so that could be POI dependent.  I wouldn't worry too much yet.

17 hours ago, IR&Coffee said:

I was contacted on the 11th for an interview with UW-Madison and it took place on the 15th. I still haven't heard anything back. Any cause for concern?

I had an interview with UW-Madison around that time last year and, if I recall correctly, I heard back approximately 1.5-2 weeks later.

I was told by one of the professors that interviewed me that they would take three weeks to make decisions after interviews, though. 

Edited by deutsch1997bw

13 minutes ago, humanpinata said:

Same here. Looks like we're all in the same boat. I've heard back from UW Madison but not GWU yet.

I checked the results page of this website. Five posters about GWU this year. All of them are accepted.

16 minutes ago, humanpinata said:

Same here. Looks like we're all in the same boat. I've heard back from UW Madison but not GWU yet.

2 minutes ago, usmeme said:

I checked the results page of this website. Five posters about GWU this year. All of them are accepted.

I'm not trying to be rude, but for those who didn't hear anything from GW yet, it most likely will be a waitlist or a reject. Only a few will be still pending!

Also, remember that not everybody posts his or her decision(s) here...

Woooooooo, claiming an admit to OSU! I'm so pleased, I love the work of my POI, and of course it's a great department overall. I'm not completely sure how I got in, actually (fit?), but I'm running with it!

Edited by dvxyzijil

7 hours ago, bazing said:

Is that it then for Ohio State? Had an interview last week but still says "Pending." The amount of acceptances on the survey have me feeling nervous.

That’s what I was wondering as well. The results pages from previous years show a big push of acceptances on a single day, followed by rejections on the following days. So I guess yesterday was that big acceptance day, and now we are getting into rejection days. My portal still says “pending” as well so at this point I’m just assuming a rejection and have already made my peace with it. 

Edited by Dwar

13 minutes ago, sandmoon said:

this year seems really low? the decision threads from past years already hit 20-25 pages at this point

If you compare the schools that released decisions this year to this time last year, it's pretty similar. Maybe we're all a less anxious bunch ?

29 minutes ago, TheBunny said:

I got an invitation to pre-admission event/interview session of Northeastern University.

Do they pay your expenses for that event? I know that schools generally pay for post-admissions visits, but what about those sorts of interviews or pre-admissions events, do they generally pay for those as well?