Fall 2019 Master's Invites (Mental Health Counseling, Social work, etc.)

counselme

Hey all! I didn't see many forums for the counseling and other related master's and I've been obsessively starting to check my email for interview invites so put yours below!

School Name:

Program: (MHC, MSW, MFT, etc.)

Date invite received: 

Interview date: if you want 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

School Name: George Washington University

Program: Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling

Date invite received: 1/2/19

School Name: Brooklyn College

Program: Masters in Mental Health Counseling

Date invite received: 2/6/19

School Name: Northwestern University

Program: Masters in Counseling

Date invite received: 1/9/19

School Name: Northeastern University

Program: Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling

Date invite received: 2/1/19

Hey y'all, just started hearing back from places this week so I'm sharing. I only applied within the NYC area so I'm still waiting on Fordham & NYU.

School Name: Adelphi U

Program: (MHC, MSW, MFT, etc.) MHC

Date invite received: 2/19

Interview date: first week of March

School Name: Baruch College

Program: (MHC, MSW, MFT, etc.) MHC

Date invite received: 2/15

Interview date: this week! 

Update to my George Washington interview: I was accepted on 2/12. Very interesting interview process. 

School Name: Columbia University, Teachers College

Program: (MHC, MSW, MFT, etc.) EdM - MHC

Date invite received: 2/19

Interview date: TODAY 2/25  - Online interview via Zoom 

On 2/25/2019 at 8:57 AM, etucker05 said:

Update to my George Washington interview: I was accepted on 2/12. Very interesting interview process. 

School Name: Columbia University, Teachers College

Program: (MHC, MSW, MFT, etc.) EdM - MHC

Date invite received: 2/19

Interview date: TODAY 2/25  - Online interview via Zoom 

@etucker05, would you mind saying when you submitted your TC application? I did priority as well and am waiting to hear...

School Name: Teacher's College, Columbia

Program: EdM in Psychological Counseling

Date invite received: 2/29/2019

Interview date: 2/25/2019

School Name: Penn GSE

Program: MSEd in Counseling and Mental Health Services

Date invite received: 2/15/19

Interview date: 2/22/19

Hi,

I was accepted to an MS/EdS program for the fall. It's certainly exciting to have an offer in hand, but (1) they want an answer by early March and (2) they will not be telling students about what aid/assistantships they have been awarded until "later in the spring/summer."

They don't mention a deposit in the letter, just a marginal fee for a background check, but I assume that's part of accepting the offer? I've written an email to the department to try to clarify some of these things, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with either early deadlines (I assumed everyone had until April 15, and I wanted to wait to hear back from other programs) or needing to accept offers without knowing how much it will cost. These seem weird to me! I want to know if they're red flags about the program or if I should just calm down, provisionally accept the offer and rescind if I end up choosing somewhere else (especially if there actually isn't a deposit...???).

On 2/27/2019 at 10:32 AM, Hggarrison said:

Hi,

I was accepted to an MS/EdS program for the fall. It's certainly exciting to have an offer in hand, but (1) they want an answer by early March and (2) they will not be telling students about what aid/assistantships they have been awarded until "later in the spring/summer."

They don't mention a deposit in the letter, just a marginal fee for a background check, but I assume that's part of accepting the offer? I've written an email to the department to try to clarify some of these things, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with either early deadlines (I assumed everyone had until April 15, and I wanted to wait to hear back from other programs) or needing to accept offers without knowing how much it will cost. These seem weird to me! I want to know if they're red flags about the program or if I should just calm down, provisionally accept the offer and rescind if I end up choosing somewhere else (especially if there actually isn't a deposit...???).

One of the programs I was accepted into requires us to accept or decline admission by March 25th, which I thought was early. It is a bit weird they would withhold imperative financial information until later. I don't know the program and I haven't been in this situation but if it is one of your top choices and you are willing to put yourself in an ambiguous situation, I'd go for it. Definitely do not accept or decline until the deadline. Hopefully someone else can give you better advice :)