Boston College MSW

Capturedvitality

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read your instructions, ss0112 for gaining access to Agora, and have been obsessively checking it for a couple days. I just checked about 5 minutes ago, and I have been accepted as well! :) Thank you so much for your help! Good luck to everyone - let me know if you need instructions for Agora.

12 hours ago, Capturedvitality said:

Got to the part that stated i could make a deposit. How funny that they are not sending an email with an actual acceptance letter. 

I got accepted too. 

I talked to a friend who went to BC for undergrad, and someone told her about the old Agora trick back when she was applying. She saw that she was accepted on Agora, and then about a week or so later, she got the official email. So I'm thinking we'll get the emails next week!

2 hours ago, jo0210 said:

I talked to a friend who went to BC for undergrad, and someone told her about the old Agora trick back when she was applying. She saw that she was accepted on Agora, and then about a week or so later, she got the official email. So I'm thinking we'll get the emails next week!

how weird is that LOL.. too funny. that's interesting it takes the system that long to send out an electronic acceptance. Why did you apply to BC?

17 hours ago, Capturedvitality said:

What makes BC your first choice?

The city, the network, my area(s) of interest in clinical social work, the academic/field placement structure, and lastly my wife and daughter love Boston, so it will make for a smooth transition as we move back from Shanghai. 

On 1/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, Capturedvitality said:

how weird is that LOL.. too funny. that's interesting it takes the system that long to send out an electronic acceptance. Why did you apply to BC?

I am from New England originally and am thinking about moving back, and I'm interested in macro social work so I was drawn to the Center for Social Innovation! How about you?

On 1/28/2019 at 12:56 AM, jo0210 said:

I am from New England originally and am thinking about moving back, and I'm interested in macro social work so I was drawn to the Center for Social Innovation! How about you?

I live in Texas. I applied All over the states. I used to live on the east coast and miss it. Bc is a different vibe in the other ones which I applied. 

3 hours ago, mswlbg said:

I got my acceptance on Monday! (applied Dec 1)

Congrats!!! That’s so exciting to have officially heard! Did you receive anything in the mail yet? I heard that scholarship offers come in the mail.

3 hours ago, jo0210 said:

Congrats!!! That’s so exciting to have officially heard! Did you receive anything in the mail yet? I heard that scholarship offers come in the mail.

I haven't received anything in the mail yet, but they had my financial aid offer attached to the acceptance. Their package has been the most generous so far.

5 hours ago, mswlbg said:

I haven't received anything in the mail yet, but they had my financial aid offer attached to the acceptance. Their package has been the most generous so far.

That’s great. I have heard that often about BC’s MSW program. Congrats, again. Hoping I’ll hear officially soon.