Fall 2019 Statistics Applicant Thread

Has anybody got any confirmation ( acceptance or rejection) from these following universities:

Iowa State University ( program: PhD in Statistics, session: Fall 2019)

Temple University ( program: PhD in Statistics, session: Fall 2019)

Johns Hopkins University ( program: PhD in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, session: Fall 2019)

University of Texas at Austin (program: PhD in Statistics, session: Fall 2019)

Has anyone started to call to ask about their admission status? Is it the appropriate time yet? I am just calling the administrative assistant of the department, I guess it wouldn't really affect my application right?

I mean, like always, it depends on the program.  I might call Pitt biostat pretty soon, since they sent out some decisions months ago and don't appear to usually send out March decisions, but Columbia stat sent out acceptances and waitlistings recently enough that I wouldn't bother calling (and I also can pretty safely assume a rejection anyways).  

I got admitted to American University for both MS in Biostatistics and Statistics, I had intentions of going for the Biostatistics program but the funding package made me less excited, so sad

I saw one person said they got an acceptance from UC Davis back in February. Has anyone else heard from Davis about statistics PhD and when did you hear?

Edited by catalinam

26 minutes ago, catalinam said:

I saw one person said they got an acceptance from UC Davis back in February. Has anyone else heard from Davis about statistics PhD and when did you hear?

The first round of acceptance came on Feb 24th. There was the second round this Friday.

22 hours ago, lolstats said:

The first round of acceptance came on Feb 24th. There was the second round this Friday.

Okay thanks for letting me know. 

I applied to 8 Statistics PhD programs and this is what I've heard

Waiting (2/8)     UC Davis, UCLA

Rejected (3/8)     Stanford (2/6), U of Washington (2/14), UC Berkeley (2/22)

Waitlisted (1/8)     Cornell (1/1) 

Accepted (2/8)     ASU (1/15), UC Irvine (1/29)

Edited by catalinam

On 3/7/2019 at 10:30 AM, Aranyak Acharyya said:

Has anybody got any confirmation ( acceptance or rejection) from these following universities:

Johns Hopkins University ( program: PhD in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, session: Fall 2019)

I didn't apply to the others, but I think the program at John Hopkins is becoming more active. I was sent an email saying my application was ready for review about 2 weeks ago, and yesterday I received a rejection notice from them (which is ok, but still a bit disappointing)

Hope this helps! Good luck getting in to any of those schools :)

Still nothing from Berkeley, Chicago, Harvard, Michigan, or Washington... 5 of the 7 programs I've applied to. I really expected to have heard back from most of the programs I've applied to by mid-March, but it seems that they really want to keep me anxiously waiting this year. At what point would it be okay to contact programs to ask for a status update? I know that programs are really busy and I don't want to annoy them, but I'd also really like to know where I stand with them too.

Has anyone heard from University of Iowa and Georgia State University? They both seem to have Waitlisted me as they said they sent out an initial offer and I have been waitlisted

9 hours ago, lazo said:

Still nothing from Berkeley, Chicago, Harvard, Michigan, or Washington... 5 of the 7 programs I've applied to. I really expected to have heard back from most of the programs I've applied to by mid-March, but it seems that they really want to keep me anxiously waiting this year. At what point would it be okay to contact programs to ask for a status update? I know that programs are really busy and I don't want to annoy them, but I'd also really like to know where I stand with them too.

Got a rejection from Chicago today

9 hours ago, DataAnalyst said:

Has anyone heard from University of Iowa and Georgia State University? They both seem to have Waitlisted me as they said they sent out an initial offer and I have been waitlisted

I got a rejection from UI 2 week ago. ?

On 3/7/2019 at 12:30 PM, Aranyak Acharyya said:

Just called Temple earlier this afternoon. They said we should expect to hear in the next 2-3 weeks and that they haven't given out any decisions.

Edited by BL250604

9 hours ago, ducky500 said:

Hi @stlearn sorry to hear that. Have you heard anything from wisconsin statistics? 

Nothing from UWM as well. They said they will release the result in two weeks last week.