Fall 2019 Statistics Applicant Thread

28 minutes ago, DataAnalyst said:

Sometimes I feel I am invisible on this forum, nobody answers me here. Oh well!!! 

Any word back from Villanova? I’ve yet to hear anything about funding from them yet. I have yet to hear from most of the schools I’ve applied to. I do not know about any of the other schools you’ve applied to.

10 hours ago, BiostatMS said:

Any word back from Villanova? I’ve yet to hear anything about funding from them yet. I have yet to hear from most of the schools I’ve applied to. I do not know about any of the other schools you’ve applied to.

Hello, thanks for your response, the director said he would be able to give an update about the funding after March 15th, I am just nervously waiting. 

16 hours ago, tar.kokor said:

I got a rejection from UI 2 week ago. ?

So sorry to hear that, I emailed them about my status around February 27 and I was told they have sent out the first round of offer and that they are hoping to make another round of offer after April 15th deadline. 

On 3/13/2019 at 1:37 PM, DataAnalyst said:

Has anyone heard from University of Iowa and Georgia State University? They both seem to have Waitlisted me as they said they sent out an initial offer and I have been waitlisted

Hi, I am applying the master in statistics in the GSU. Did you get the official email?  I get no letter, and does that means I am alreadly rejected?

9 minutes ago, laughout said:

Hi, I am applying the master in statistics in the GSU. Did you get the official email?  I get no letter, and does that means I am alreadly rejected?

Not hearing from them might mean you have been waitlisted. I have a friend who got a rejection from them last week, though for PhD. I wasn't sent any official email until I made enquiry about my application and I was told I have been waitlisted. Should I add that sometimes last 2 weeks was when they evaluated the applications. 

On 3/13/2019 at 1:37 AM, DataAnalyst said:

Has anyone heard from University of Iowa and Georgia State University? They both seem to have Waitlisted me as they said they sent out an initial offer and I have been waitlisted

I got an offer from Iowa but I turned it down today. Good luck...

The director informed me that I was waitlisted upon enquiry on Tuesday and today I got admitted to MS in Mathematics (Biostatistics concentration) in GSU. I was given full tuition waiver + 5k stipends. Excited about this offer, might be accepting it. 

4 hours ago, AsianSpice said:

Has anyone not heard back from UNC-Chapel Hill yet? (for Stats Ph.D. applications)

I have not. I think UNC and Caltech are the only ones that haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm just assuming rejection for now.

Whoever posted on the results page about UMass sending out PhD admissions already, how do you know this? I was recently asked for my transcripts and am not sure if this is for masters or if there’s still a chance for PhD admissions.

5 hours ago, danny1997 said:

Whoever posted on the results page about UMass sending out PhD admissions already, how do you know this? I was recently asked for my transcripts and am not sure if this is for masters or if there’s still a chance for PhD admissions.

I think the person who posted that was referring to someone on the Chinese-language forum that reported an acceptance at the beginning of the month. I haven't seen anything else about acceptances for the PhD program yet.

I've heard (it should be on the website but I can't find it at the moment) that CSU sends out acceptances around late March. Still waiting on UNC Chapel Hill and Ann Arbor, though I'm assuming wait-lists for both until I get a concrete answer from them. 

I was wondering if any canadian/ontarian students have heard back from University of Toronto (Stats PhD) yet. I was accepted last year but declined the offer to work and decided to reapply this year. I was accepted in February of 2018, but this year its now late-ish march and I haven't heard anything. I wanted to know if any local students have heard back, I saw some internationals have been accepted. Any info would be much appreciated.

Edited by 74mL_of_milk

3 hours ago, lolstats said:

Umich is keeping a lot of people waiting. I assume that the chance of getting in is really low at this moment.

There's been at least 7 reported acceptances this year - I think you're right.

I was accepted to UMBC, however the acceptance letter says MS rather than PhD. Did anyone else apply to this program and get a similar result? I had not been asked to be considered for a masters, so I am unsure if this is a clerical error or not.

@Tucker154  Stat or Biostat?  For stat, they sent out a google doc a few days ago to see if anyone was ready to commit or decline, or else if they were leaning towards or against coming.  If people are waitlisted for stat, I'd imagine they'd start to find out acceptances pretty soon, once more people respond to that.