Fall 2019 Statistics Applicant Thread

2 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

It doesn't appear to be a school that those worrying about admission decisions applied to, but I just said I didn't get any grad school e-mails today and was bummed out, then checked again and saw I got my first acceptance, so I'll second cyberwulf's optimism for us all!

Where?! Your signature isn't updated yet ?

9 hours ago, Geococcyx said:

It doesn't appear to be a school that those worrying about admission decisions applied to, but I just said I didn't get any grad school e-mails today and was bummed out, then checked again and saw I got my first acceptance, so I'll second cyberwulf's optimism for us all!

Hi! Congrats on your acceptance! If it isn't too inconvenient could you share which school it was? Again, congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Edit: Never mind! I just saw your signature! 

Edited by Statboy

I'm also waiting on NC State.  I wonder if that means we're on some sort of waitlist/they're holding onto us longer before they reject us, or if several of our forum mates ended up in the same batch of applications together (or something else entirely I wouldn't know about).  I wasn't expecting them to release until the 15th, though, so I'm glad everyone who got accepted got the news in time to celebrate this weekend!

2 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

I'm also waiting on NC State.  I wonder if that means we're on some sort of waitlist/they're holding onto us longer before they reject us, or if several of our forum mates ended up in the same batch of applications together (or something else entirely I wouldn't know about).  I wasn't expecting them to release until the 15th, though, so I'm glad everyone who got accepted got the news in time to celebrate this weekend!

Looking at last year's limited data, it seems like they accepted a batch on 1/10/2018 and another on 1/17/2018. So I am thinking that maybe they will send out another batch of acceptances next week and hopefully we are included.

7 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

Maybe they sent out emails based on the last name alphabetically. I know some schools do that....

8 minutes ago, galois said:

I too got an unexpected offer from NC State. Pretty pumped about it. My email said the same thing "20 hours of TA"; that seems awfully high - is that normal?

In my current department, the specified hours for a TA position are really an upper bound for the amount of time it could take (my teaching duties only take me half the specified time). Hopefully it's the same at NCSU. Somebody else on here probably knows better than I do though 

Does anyone know whether there are threads anywhere for people who've been accepted to specific programs to chat? I am not on facebook, but I guess that that seems to be a place where such things might happen.

Also, is there any moratorium on discussing the details of acceptances? From what I can tell, none of the information I received proscribes such discussion.

Received unofficial acceptance from NC state!  I am extremely glad I got an acceptance so soon. I was checking my email almost every hour lately... I feel relieved. It seems from this thread everyone else who got the email also have the same financial offer (TA ship). 

NOTE. I posted my results on the results page as well. Congratulations to everyone who got an offer, and good luck everyone still waiting! 

On 12/23/2018 at 9:51 PM, Geococcyx said:

If y'all feel comfortable, don't forget (now or later) about the results page!  Looks like some Columbia and Michigan biostat Ph.D. results have been entered, but not anything that appears to be a traditional statistics Ph.D. (not real sure what to make of Educational Measurement and Statistics).

Also, ya' know, congratulations!

Where is the results page?

23 minutes ago, Conman315 said:

Where is the results page?

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php is the results page and you can submit your results here https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/post.php

Also, when did you hear from Boston University?  I didn't realize they sent out acceptances already for the PhD program

Edited by saga2113

55 minutes ago, saga2113 said:

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php is the results page and you can submit your results here https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/post.php

Also, when did you hear from Boston University?  I didn't realize they sent out acceptances already for the PhD program

Thanks! I've been on mobile and didn't even see that page.

And I did a phone interview with BU in early December and got accepted on January 3rd

3 hours ago, blehperson said:

Did anyone hear from Duke? In past years they sent out interviews around this time.

For PhD, nothing so far. But I think they will send out interviews later this week.

Did anyone request an interview for Duke MS? I just saw it yesterday and is it too late to request it now?