Fall 2019 Statistics Applicant Thread

Hey guys! Just wanted you to know that I reached Duke`s Stat Sci department and they said that Duke will not do any waitlist call this year. I was pretty sad, given that Duke was my priority, but I am also happy that I managed to be accepted at UT Austin. I wish you the best! I hope you all end up being accepted!

On 4/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, lazo said:

I was waitlisted at UChicago Statistics on April 10th, 5 days before the April 15th deadline... Still nothing from Michigan Statistics. I never expected when I was applying to graduate programs that I still wouldn't know where I'd be heading this close to April 15th...

So sorry for your case... The application is so crazy this year.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:04 PM, lazo said:

I was waitlisted at UChicago Statistics on April 10th, 5 days before the April 15th deadline... Still nothing from Michigan Statistics. I never expected when I was applying to graduate programs that I still wouldn't know where I'd be heading this close to April 15th...

I got my waitlist notice and asked for availability last week, and received the rejection just now. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, lazo said:

Got an email from Michigan today asking if I'm still interested in the program! I thought I was set on my decision, but I wasn't expecting this. Now I only have a few hours to re-evaluate everything....

17 hours ago, AsianSpice said:

Anyone attending Ohio State this fall?

I will be. Are you in the Statistics Phd program? Also, to everyone else who is going to attend OSU, maybe we can start a fb group or something just to "meet" each other before actually doing it?

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email from UCDavis to check their application page. I knew it was a rejection because they had sent out unofficial rejects months back. 

I checked anyways, and it reads:

- Not competitive with other applicants because:
      - Scholarship below that of admitted applicants 

Well I just might have been too naive, but I really did not know scholarships mattered THAT much in Ph.D. applications...  

I got an email from UVA today to check the website just like when they noticed me I'm on the wait list, and I got accepted off the wait list. There's nothing mentioned about funding.

• 2 weeks later...