MIT EECS 2019

MAshKam

11 hours ago, MAshKam said:

Yeah, do you think they send all emails at once? 

Acceptances are sent out in multiple waves.
Usually, the first wave involves acceptances to students that the university definitely wants.

Edited by SGD18

16 minutes ago, SGD18 said:

Acceptances are sent out in multiple waves.
Usually, the first wave involves acceptances to students that the university definitely wants.

I think for MIT they would send most of the acceptances in one batch. I think 2 or 3 years ago there was a glitch where they did not hide the list of all the students they sent acceptances to (someone posted the list of the students and then deleted it for privacy purpose)

I think the poster of MIT EECS result yesterday got his acceptance unofficially from POI. There will be another round up meeting this Fri (Feb 1st) based on the calendar. If not by the end of this week, I think we will hear it early next week!

2 hours ago, susan2.0 said:

Just heard admissions have NOT been sent out. This means that the acceptances posted on gradcafe are unofficial to date. Please in the future if you get an unofficial acceptance - MENTION THAT.

Not sure when the sending date will be.

My prediction is that they will be sending out acceptances this Friday or early next week (Tuesday/Wednesday).

1 hour ago, Myaooo said:

I don’t live in the US and met with my POI accidentally in my university canteen today. He doesn’t know that I’m applying.

Should I be worried? 

Are you applying to EE or CS? as far as I know, mostly for EE, your admissions are decided by the admissions committees. And later, once u accepted in MIT, in ur first year, u will choose one prof to be ur PhD supervisor. However, in some cases (some in CS) or in other uni, u must be picked by one prof who agree to be ur supervisor to get admitted. 

That is being said, u still have chance to get accepted if admissions committees decide so. fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, shrek12 said:

Are you applying to EE or CS? as far as I know, mostly for EE, your admissions are decided by the admissions committees. And later, once u accepted in MIT, in ur first year, u will choose one prof to be ur PhD supervisor. However, in some cases (some in CS) or in other uni, u must be picked by one prof who agree to be ur supervisor to get admitted. 

That is being said, u still have chance to get accepted if admissions committees decide so. fingers crossed.

Oh, MIT, too, does not have PhD advisor in the first year? Wow... it's really tough

8 hours ago, shrek12 said:

Yes, next week. My homepage got unique visit from MIT IP address. They are considering my application until this state. Fingers crossed

Was the visit recent?
That would mean they are nowhere near finalizing the applicants. ?

Edit: I got one on 20th January.

Edited by SGD18
Additional Information