MIT EECS 2019

MAshKam

21 minutes ago, hopefulstudent1997 said:

I received an acceptance and I am in EE (signal processing/optimization). I had an interview and another prof reached out to me today saying they wanted to talk to me and encouraging to visit. I am not sure about all candidates, maybe hardware people haven't heard back yet. 

I meant to specify people who applied to MTL or RLE. I guess LIDS falls under EE.

3 hours ago, hopefulstudent1997 said:

I received an acceptance and I am in EE (signal processing/optimization). I had an interview and another prof reached out to me today saying they wanted to talk to me and encouraging to visit. I am not sure about all candidates, maybe hardware people haven't heard back yet. 

we are in same branch, I think I have no chance... I am just bachelor.....

I have got to agree with @yjkim192

If the decisions were truly out today and you didn't receive an email, that means you are simply rejected. So let's try to move on guys.

There won't be any other wave of decisions and there is no such thing as releasing admission decisions per labs. 

Sorry guys, and congrats to @hopefulstudent1997, I think you are the only one on this thread who has made it in.

Edited by site

39 minutes ago, site said:

I have got to agree with @yjkim192

If the decisions were truly out today and you didn't receive an email, that means you are simply rejected. So let's try to move on guys.

There won't be any other wave of decisions and there is no such thing as releasing admission decisions per labs. 

Sorry guys, and congrats to @hopefulstudent1997, I think you are the only one on this thread who has made it in.

This is correct guys. I already moved on like 7 or 8 hours ago lol

9 hours ago, shrek12 said:

so stupid of thinking I have a chance LoL 

I havent heard anything, I applied to MTL. Lets keep updated in here guys.

Hey @shrek12, I seriously recommend you let go of it.

You should also keep in mind that the admission process for most universities is very random and not completely fair:
1. I've heard of people with amazing profiles being rejected, probably because the university was not conducting research along the line of their interests.
2. I've heard of people with not that great re`su`mes being accepted because they had worked with or had some connections with a university professor which at the very least, got their application more attention.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least one admitted student whose re`su`me is arguably not better than yours

I actually wish they would provide a report on what they thought of the student's application so I know:
1. They read my entire profile and seriously considered the possibility of admitting me. 
2. What I was lacking compared to the students that got admission.

Edited by SGD18

4 hours ago, MAshKam said:

What about sending to the admin to see if they are sending more acceptances or not? 

Well you don't need to ask us if you want to do so

But the only thing I will say is that they will say "We are still reviewing" because there will be VERY FEW people who pick other schools rather than MIT as their first choice.

So of course they will be sending more acceptances but at the VERY VERY SMALL rate.

Are all the students who received their acceptance letters applied for the university fund? Because I know  strong applicants  who have external funding, but they didn’t receive any response yet .... And in the department website they mentioned that students must check the online application to see the decision from med Feb to early March . However, the funding decision will be received via email from late feb to early April .