MIT EECS 2019

MAshKam

2 hours ago, Applicant_F19 said:

Are all the students who received their acceptance letters applied for the university fund? Because I know  strong applicants  who have external funding, but they didn’t receive any response yet .... And in the department website they mentioned that students must check the online application to see the decision from med Feb to early March . However, the funding decision will be received via email from late feb to early April . 

for EECS or CS there was no way to opt-in/opt-out of funding. 
Did I miss something? 

Are all the students who received their acceptance letters applied for the university fund? Because I know  strong applicants  who have external funding, but they didn’t receive any response yet .... And in the department website they mentioned that students must check the online application to see the decision from med Feb to early March . However, the funding decision will be received via email from late feb to early April . 

DA458676-F7C7-4025-93D2-C33514F2D17F.jpeg

18 hours ago, soylentils said:

As far as I’m aware, there wasn’t an option to “apply” for funding. As with most US CS PhDs, I would expect funding to be guaranteed automatically and renewed on an annual basis. 

yeah, same. 
I had no source of funding so I left that particular section empty in the application. Did anybody fill anything in section 9 - Financial Support? I left that form blank. 

Edited by grad2019

2 hours ago, soylentils said:

Got the admissions packet and it confirms first-year funding, which will renew given good grades and research progress. Should be about $3505 per month, plus tuition and health insurance.

Also states that all acceptances were sent out on Feb. 4th. 

@soylentils Congratulations on your acceptance. 

what do you mean by ( all acceptances were sent out on Feb. 4th. )?. check the results page, students are still receiving the response until today. Did they mention that in the email? can you please share with us exactly what has been written regarding this point. 

Cheers guys,

The current Dean of engineering at MIT got rejected by the institution 3 time, for his BS, MS, and PhD

Sergei Brin, co-fonder of Google was rejected by MIT for his PhD and many more cases like that

So, those of us not going to attend MIT, where will be you attending ? Also continue to do great things out there guys......

Edited by site

1 hour ago, Application_F_2019 said:

@mntfr @site   I contacted the admission they said that the results will be online early March. please don't lose hope. I think most of the students who received emails are from CS .

Signal Processing is EE and someone who got in and commented on here was accepted for Signal Possessing. Looking at the previous years feeds on here, decisions where released around Feb 4th and those who didn't hear anything got an official rejection around Feb 28 and March when they log in they application portal.  Previous candidates also reached out to the department and they reported the same answers.

Thank you so much for the encouragement though. it is really nice of you. 

I hope I am not sounding bitter, but I think that of all the universities MIT would have a better anouncement system to the ones that didn't get in than to just keep them in the dark for almost a month, anyways congrats to everyone one who made it!, I am genuinely happy that there are this many people trying to help advance science in general.

1 hour ago, mntfr said:

I hope I am not sounding bitter, but I think that of all the universities MIT would have a better anouncement system to the ones that didn't get in than to just keep them in the dark for almost a month, anyways congrats to everyone one who made it!, I am genuinely happy that there are this many people trying to help advance science in general.

Yeah I know, Since they have something like a 7% acceptance rate. They could have just send the lower 80% of their pool that they unfortunately don't have a chance this year.