UT Austin MSW Fall 2019!?

ME! I'm stuck in a part of the application though. The section that says Awards & Essays, are they asking for past awards or awards/scholarships we've received for the Fall 2019? Not sure what they mean. 

2 minutes ago, wRJ said:

ME! I'm stuck in a part of the application though. The section that says Awards & Essays, are they asking for past awards or awards/scholarships we've received for the Fall 2019? Not sure what they mean. 

So I emailed about this before they went on break. They want awards you have been given so I put my deans list from undergrad and so on. 

The 3 essays are obviously completely separate. 

Oops yeah! I meant Honors and Awards, not awards and essays. Thank you so much! I was going to have to wait to finally submit until I heard back from them.

Good luck!

I know! That's what has me super stressed out. I was counting on applying by the deadline and after learning that it was all due on the 15th it shifted my timeline. I'm so stressed. One more question, for the Narrative Essay #1, did you do a normal essay that answered all the questions or did you go "Q1, Answer 1. Q2, Answer 2. Q3, Answer 3. Etc ?" Given it says "narrative essay," I did a normal narrative essay! But now I'm doubting myself. I tried calling the school but they're all out until tomorrow :( 

3 minutes ago, wRJ said:

I know! That's what has me super stressed out. I was counting on applying by the deadline and after learning that it was all due on the 15th it shifted my timeline. I'm so stressed. One more question, for the Narrative Essay #1, did you do a normal essay that answered all the questions or did you go "Q1, Answer 1. Q2, Answer 2. Q3, Answer 3. Etc ?" Given it says "narrative essay," I did a normal narrative essay! But now I'm doubting myself. I tried calling the school but they're all out until tomorrow :( 

I did a normal essay just involving my answers! I believe you did it correctly. Otherwise it wouldn’t be an “essay” ha :)

Thank god! I talked to the general UT Austin graduate admissions rep and explained the situation and they "guessed" it should be a question and answer deal. But it made no sense to me. I just want to thank you for being so kind in answering all my stress-induced questions. :)

6 hours ago, wRJ said:

Thank god! I talked to the general UT Austin graduate admissions rep and explained the situation and they "guessed" it should be a question and answer deal. But it made no sense to me. I just want to thank you for being so kind in answering all my stress-induced questions. :)

I’m the same way. Every other school has had a similar format for essays with lots of topics to be blended into the essay. It never crossed my mind to do q and a. No problem! The anxiety is normal :) 

I am too! My application just changed from 'incomplete' to 'in review'...and now the waiting will destroy us ??

What are ya'll's bachelors in? Just curious! Mine is in education and I've been an elem. teacher for 13 years...excited to see what's next!

52 minutes ago, Kristmo8 said:

I am too! My application just changed from 'incomplete' to 'in review'...and now the waiting will destroy us ??

What are ya'll's bachelors in? Just curious! Mine is in education and I've been an elem. teacher for 13 years...excited to see what's next!

WOW, good luck. Mine is still incomplete due to needing 2 recommendation letters done. Thankfully I work with the recommenders and the letters are already written so I will bug them next week!

I have a BFA in Photography although i am also an LCDCI( Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern). I went back to school at ACC and have been working at an inpatient facility for the past 1.75 years:] 

FINGERS CROSSED FOR US ALL

I have a friend who attends currently and she loves it

I'm hoping to get my application in tonight or tomorrow! I think I'm in trouble though...My letter writers are on the ball and will submit on time but I'm having issues with their "official" transcript requirement. I did a semester abroad in London and ordered my transcript back in December and it still hasn't shown up yet ? Crossing my fingers it gets here by Monday and isn't lost in the mail!!

1 hour ago, VirtualCryptid said:

I'm hoping to get my application in tonight or tomorrow! I think I'm in trouble though...My letter writers are on the ball and will submit on time but I'm having issues with their "official" transcript requirement. I did a semester abroad in London and ordered my transcript back in December and it still hasn't shown up yet ? Crossing my fingers it gets here by Monday and isn't lost in the mail!!

OH no. Fingers crossed. hm.. wondering if you could get the school in london to san the official for you due to the circumstances so you can upload them?

5 hours ago, Capturedvitality said:

OH no. Fingers crossed. hm.. wondering if you could get the school in london to san the official for you due to the circumstances so you can upload them?

Their policy says otherwise, but no harm in asking! I suspect they sent it to my current school instead of my address and if so I'm hoping they can expedite it to me. A perfect example of why you don't procrastinate!! 

1 hour ago, VirtualCryptid said:

Their policy says otherwise, but no harm in asking! I suspect they sent it to my current school instead of my address and if so I'm hoping they can expedite it to me. A perfect example of why you don't procrastinate!! 

i mean you sent for it a month ago :( hope it works out

• 2 weeks later...