UT Austin MSW Fall 2019!?

Hi all, I have been following this thread for a while and decided to just now make an account and post. I completed my application to UT around the end of November. They confirmed that they received my application in December before winter break through a letter in the mail and through MyStatus. The status changed from received to  in review in January. On Feb 4th they told me that the application status has been updated and to check MyStatus, when I checked it said that I had been accepted. Please let me know if you guys have any questions, and good luck to all those still waiting! ?

15 hours ago, psychedpotato said:

Hi all, I have been following this thread for a while and decided to just now make an account and post. I completed my application to UT around the end of November. They confirmed that they received my application in December before winter break through a letter in the mail and through MyStatus. The status changed from received to  in review in January. On Feb 4th they told me that the application status has been updated and to check MyStatus, when I checked it said that I had been accepted. Please let me know if you guys have any questions, and good luck to all those still waiting! ?

Congrats! Did you hear about financial aid or scholarships? Is UT Austin your first choice? Where else have you applied to? 

6 hours ago, strawberrycows said:

Congrats! Did you hear about financial aid or scholarships? Is UT Austin your first choice? Where else have you applied to? 

Thank you! Unfortunately I have not heard back about financial aid yet nor did they tell me when I would be notified about that. I applied to UT Austin and the University of Houston, i've only heard back from UT so far. I'm not sure where I'll be going yet because it depends on a lot of factors but I am excited about the opportunity to go to UT. 

1 hour ago, psychedpotato said:

Thank you! Unfortunately I have not heard back about financial aid yet nor did they tell me when I would be notified about that. I applied to UT Austin and the University of Houston, i've only heard back from UT so far. I'm not sure where I'll be going yet because it depends on a lot of factors but I am excited about the opportunity to go to UT. 

That's awesome. I still haven't heard from them yet but hopefully I will soon. Good luck with everything. 

Hi you guys, I submitted everything by december 16th  (apps and letters) got acceted last tuesday (2/4/2019) and just submitted my decision to attend this Fall!

Edited by HTX

Hi you guys, I submitted everything by december 16th  (apps and letters) got acceted last tuesday (2/4/2019) and just submitted my decision to attend this Fall!

Edited by HTX

16 hours ago, HTX said:

Hi you guys, I submitted everything by december 16th  (apps and letters) got acceted last tuesday (2/4/2019) and just submitted my decision to attend this Fall!

Have you heard back from financial aid? I was told that they wont give out financial aid decisions until March. Also, congrats!!

Edited by psychedpotato

10 hours ago, txstarbs said:

@HTX do you mind sharing your stats/gpa?!

Just FYI if you haven't seen it -  since UT is public, you can see the average GPA / selectivity / yield by program here: https://gradschool.utexas.edu/admissions/where-to-begin/admissions-and-enrollment-statistic

Was helpful to me!

On 2/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, psychedpotato said:

Have you heard back from financial aid? I was told that they wont give out financial aid decisions until March. Also, congrats!!

No I haven't! They also told me they won't give out the financial aid decisions until March. And thank you!

On 2/14/2019 at 10:42 PM, txstarbs said:

@HTX do you mind sharing your stats/gpa?!

I'm about to finish my bachelors in psychology at a state school. (NOT UT Austin) 

The time when I was applying - My cumulative GPA was 3.5

I had a TON of research experience as a psych major and four solid letters of recommendations from faculties I've been working with for about 2 years and had several conference posters. Not much community service volunteer work to be honest.

I know not everyone is going to have the same background - but I just had a lot of background in research because I was originally thinking about pursuing a graduate degree in experimental psychology!

Edited by HTX

3 hours ago, gabbasworld said:

Just wanted to jump in and say I just got my acceptance on Saturday with info updated this morning, so don't worry if you haven't heard yet! Good luck! :)

Thanks for sharing!! When did you apply?

Mine still says "In Review" and my hair is going to fall out with stress. Is anyone else an international applicant? Do you think that's making it take longer? I'm Canadian.

3 hours ago, MirandaVC said:

Mine still says "In Review" and my hair is going to fall out with stress. Is anyone else an international applicant? Do you think that's making it take longer? I'm Canadian.

Not international, but I haven't heard back yet either - wouldn't stress! My application was complete 1/15. The two people on this thread who've been accepted both said they applied in December, so I'm giving it at least two weeks before I start to worry :)

I got nervous and phoned them, turns out it's because I applied for advanced standing. Heads up that if you applied for advanced standing they don't evaluate you for standard first, you'll be in review until your extra set of documents is complete. Thanks for the encouragement anyway!

1 hour ago, MirandaVC said:

I got nervous and phoned them, turns out it's because I applied for advanced standing. Heads up that if you applied for advanced standing they don't evaluate you for standard first, you'll be in review until your extra set of documents is complete. Thanks for the encouragement anyway!

I am also applying advanced standing! I submitted the extra documents at the end of December though. Did they say that it just takes longer to review in general?

@txstarbs if I recall correctly they told me a couple of people for advanced standing had already sent in their documents and they won't be reviewed until the rest are received in about March. I think we're in the same boat here. How are yours in so early? My final placement evaluation isn't until March.

1 hour ago, MirandaVC said:

@txstarbs if I recall correctly they told me a couple of people for advanced standing had already sent in their documents and they won't be reviewed until the rest are received in about March. I think we're in the same boat here. How are yours in so early? My final placement evaluation isn't until March.

I read in the application somewhere that you could supplement the final evaluation with your midterm evaluation and send your final in later. I won’t get mine until May :) 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, MirandaVC said:

Hi! Does this mean that we you are no longer eligible to turn any documents in? I was under the impression that you submitted documents after acceptance! ?