On 2/4/2019 at 1:57 PM, HPRO said:

Hi all,

I received acceptance to University of Alberta (Health Promotion) on Thursday January 31st. Looking forward to virtually meeting some future classmates here :)

Congratulations ???

35 minutes ago, Mph201999 said:

Coz I just got offer from u of A, and considering reject the offer since biostats at McGill is better than it. 

I'd recommend looking deeply into both the UofA and McGill programs. Look at the required courses and what electives are available, read the course descriptions, and then make a decision. That's what I did when I was deciding on a program.

Also, have you been accepted into McGill yet? If your first choice is McGill but you haven't heard back yet, I'd probably wait to hear back before rejecting other offers.

1 minute ago, car. said:

I'd recommend looking deeply into both the UofA and McGill programs. Look at the required courses and what electives are available, read the course descriptions, and then make a decision. That's what I did when I was deciding on a program.

Also, have you been accepted into McGill yet? If your first choice is McGill but you haven't heard back yet, I'd probably wait to hear back before rejecting other offers.

thanks for your comments.but  I’ve already gone through all the info I could get from these two schools. U of A is basically my second option. I found McGill is better suit for me. 

6 hours ago, Mph201999 said:

Coz I just got offer from u of A, and considering reject the offer since biostats at McGill is better than it. 

Congrats!

Are you an international student?

Is your program on site or distant learning?

I'm yet to hear from them. I'm an international, and I applied as well.

Hey guys, it's been a long time since i got back here (even though i practically started the topic lol) out of nerves crunching thanks to the prolonged waiting on admission decisions.

CONGRATULATIONS to those who got into their respective programs, i'm glad and wish you all the best for your future endeavors !!

i applied for the MPH Epidemiology FALL 2019 program at U of Alberta.

my Grad portal shows PRE SCREENING while my BEAR TRACKS shows APPLICATION PENDING DECISION.

i emailed u alberta grad admissions and they told me to wait until end of feb for admission decisions which start rolling out in mid feb.

has anyone else applied for MPH Epi?

Best Regards !!

On 2/8/2019 at 11:36 PM, car. said:

If anyone is interested in having a little Facebook group or chat for the 2019 UofA MPH send me a message! I'd love to get to know some of my new classmates!

that's a really good idea, it's more convenient to be active on facebook !! signing up.

4 hours ago, FarisKhan93 said:

Any international applicants who have as of yet got any word from the UoA, applied for the MPH epidemiology specialization? As well as other tracks? Has any of the international applicants heard back? 

In addition to it.....has any domestic student got any offer...in last 1 -2 weeks?

9 hours ago, FarisKhan93 said:

Any international applicants who have as of yet got any word from the UoA, applied for the MPH epidemiology specialization? As well as other tracks? Has any of the international applicants heard back? 

I applied to the global health concentration and it’s been on “pre-screening” all this while