Yale Jackson 2019

13 hours ago, Angemik said:

I did ! Fingers crossed. Anyone Applied to WWS' MPA, HKS (MPA) or Stanford's MIP as well ? 

Applied to WWS and HKS (MPP). Couldn't apply to Stanford - just didn't have the time or energy to write a 7 page policy paper. Plus I didn't feel it was a good fit for me. Maybe next time (hopefully not though!)

4 hours ago, invincible49 said:

Applied to WWS and HKS (MPP). Couldn't apply to Stanford - just didn't have the time or energy to write a 7 page policy paper. Plus I didn't feel it was a good fit for me. Maybe next time (hopefully not though!)

Well I had the same problem/ dilemma and finally decided to submit my WWS policy memo as an "academic sample". Stanford was ok with it (drafted few more pages though) !  

• 1 month later...

What are we thinking about notifications? Last year was extremely early (2/23) which gives me some hope of hearing soon, but the norm seems to be two weeks after that—not sure which to expect!

Anyone with any idea when results for Yale are declared? Last year it was 23rd Feb.. and going by other posts, Yale FES has already declared theirs (last year FES was March 6th I think)... ugh the anxiety is killing me

Edited by invincible49

I’m wondering as well! I’d thought about calling or emailing to see if they had an expected date, but I’d rather not bother them. It’s usually in March, so last year’s outlier date just added some probably unwarranted anxiety. 

Well that's a little disappointing, but thank you for calling and letting us know! I guess I'll try to put it out of my mind for this week--and I'll just end up thinking more about Notre Dame instead. 

3 hours ago, invincible49 said:

Could someone call? Is that an option?

EDIT: Gave the school a call- Anytime from next week to mid-march

Sigh, not as soon as everyone hoped but atleast we get some sort of clarity..

Grrrr....Can't wait anymore...  Also, anyone heard back from Stanford (MIP) ? HKS and WWS will definitely release their decisions next week. 

Well first notification, first rejection (Stanford MIP) ?... not my top choice (Jackson/WWS) even though it's a great program...

Rejected at Yale. There was a gigantic applicant pool and so few spots, so I’m not too bummed. Congrats to everyone accepted, you’re going to have a wild ride and I’m proud of all y’all! 

31 minutes ago, alee8001 said:

Decisions are out! Accepted! Does anyone know if the initial admissions letter should contain fellowship/funding if offered? Or does that come later? If not bummer... means no fellowship/extra $$ for me

I’m in as well and also haven’t received any info on funding! Hoping that means we’re both going to receive some more info soon.  Congrats!

5 minutes ago, spidy said:

I’m in as well and also haven’t received any info on funding! Hoping that means we’re both going to receive some more info soon.  Congrats!

I'm also in, and my letter said funding decisions will be released separately by the actual program. Hoping that comes out soon as well!

On 3/9/2019 at 12:45 PM, Anonymous_2019 said:

Hello, new member. Congratulations to all who made it. I also applied but have not received any update yet, while I thought that all decisions are announced together. Can I ask whether you applied to the MA or the MAS? Thanks in advance.

2 year MA Global Affairs program! I hope you hear back soon.