Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

1 hour ago, jriveracal said:

I woke up feeling like I was going to make February my bitch, but my horoscope is sad af ?

Feb 1, 2019 - A goal you've recently been on the verge of attaining may suddenly hit unexpected setbacks. However major or minor they are, it's going to be disheartening. The only thing you can do is pick up the pieces and move on. The goal isn't dead in the water. There are only some extra tasks that need to be done before you achieve it. Do what you have to, and hang in there.

Please tell me that you aren't a libran like me. 

P.S - I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has resorted to checking out his horoscopes xD

4 hours ago, aniesociology said:

Was this for an interview? Im an international student and didnt get the email. Im wondering if I should assume ive been rejected. 

If we got the same email I assume they’re referring to an email from the Yale Office of Diversity offering a webinar on How to Choose a Program. I too am ~diverse~ and got that email but it has nothing to do with admission.

10 minutes ago, Miners Canary said:

If we got the same email I assume they’re referring to an email from the Yale Office of Diversity offering a webinar on How to Choose a Program. I too am ~diverse~ and got that email but it has nothing to do with admission.

Yes, this. It was just an email to register for a webinar on how to decide on a program with allllll the offers we are receiving. :insert sarcasm here:

15 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Please tell me that you aren't a libran like me. 

P.S - I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has resorted to checking out his horoscopes xD

I actually took out my sign so that I don't freak anyone else out who is the same sign, but yes, I am a libra too lol. Good news is that while today says it is supposed to be one of the most challenging days, tomorrow is supposed to be one of the best for us.

10 minutes ago, jriveracal said:

Yes, this. It was just an email to register for a webinar on how to decide on a program with allllll the offers we are receiving. :insert sarcasm here:

I actually took out my sign so that I don't freak anyone else out who is the same sign, but yes, I am a libra too lol. Good news is that while today says it is supposed to be one of the most challenging days, tomorrow is supposed to be one of the best for us.

This makes perfect sense to me xD

I got two rejections in my email today - the first two programs that I've heard from. Here's to your message bringing in good fortunes tomorrow! :3

39 minutes ago, hardatwork said:

Had a heart attack when a call came in during class today. Almost stepped out to take it but rationalized that I could call back after class. 

Finally listened to the voicemail and it was just the fake IRS telling me I owed California money... I feel like my anxiety is going to be at an all time high until 5pm today. 

I'm on Eastern time, so for California schools I'm like omg I have to wait until 8:30pm....

11 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

This makes perfect sense to me xD

I got two rejections in my email today - the first two programs that I've heard from. Here's to your message bringing in good fortunes tomorrow! :3

That's awful! I'm so sorry! Hoping good news is soon to come!

7 hours ago, HumanHeatSOC said:

This waiting is hurting my anxiety numbers that I have been working so hard to keep at a bearable level. Have not even been called for an interview from anywhere... talk about blue. I had a temper tantrum in front of my mentor who told me I would be turning people away! There were vigorous hand gestures and everything... and I am her most decorous mentee.

I'm right with you. bud!! Crickets for me.

I was also told by the graduate program coordinator at UT Austin that decisions were going out in February but on the "results" section of this website, there are a few who posted they were already accepted to the program...same with UCSB...I am waiting on both and getting very nervous this means that I will be receiving a rejection...anyone know anything about this and if there is hope?lol

3 minutes ago, elyselm said:

I was also told by the graduate program coordinator at UT Austin that decisions were going out in February but on the "results" section of this website, there are a few who posted they were already accepted to the program...same with UCSB...I am waiting on both and getting very nervous this means that I will be receiving a rejection...anyone know anything about this and if there is hope?lol

Did you check the online portal for UT Austin? They sent out an email to some people the other day saying a decision has been posted to their accounts. 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:26 AM, socquant said:

Hi there :) Congrats, sincerely. I did an internship there and they have  a great and supportive department. I go to school in Iowa (Grinnell!) so I will definitely be at the visit day. My top choice is Northwestern given its  resources for quantitative sociologists, but I am very open to all of the choices I have and do not believe it will be an easy one to make, especially because Iowa is offering fellowships and things. I look forward to seeing you there and good luck with the rest of the cycle! Where else are you considering?

Thank you so much! I will be going to the visit day as well so I will most likely see you there. But I am coming from a crim background so I applied to a couple of criminology programs and I chose Iowa because the professors in their criminology department matched my research interests so I am very excited! However, I got rejected from Northeastern's Ph.D. in criminology but got accepted into their Masters and I am just waiting on two other schools. 

30 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

Did you check the online portal for UT Austin? They sent out an email to some people the other day saying a decision has been posted to their accounts. 

I checked the portal before making the post and nothing was there...checked it a few minutes after making the post and a decision was made. I was denied but am still hopeful for an acceptance from some of the other schools I applied to.

19 minutes ago, elyselm said:

I checked the portal before making the post and nothing was there...checked it a few minutes after making the post and a decision was made. I was denied but am still hopeful for an acceptance from some of the other schools I applied to.

Me too, sad

3 hours ago, Regina_12138 said:

Every time when I see there is a "accepted " on the results section of this website and find no admission decision in my mailbox at the same time, I just know the rejection is around the corner....

That's been my mentality as well. I knew it was coming for Austin and I'm expecting rejects from UNC and PSU too

1 minute ago, thedudeabides said:

Same here for UCSB and USC. Haven't heard anything from them yet. 

I've got a spreadsheet going where I'm tracking everything. It's not pretty... Probs getting a reject from Chicago as well (not a surprise) since they've sent out interviews. 

Did any of the Berkeley acceptances get the formal letter of acceptance yesterday like one of the POIs said we would? At this point I haven't received anything formal from the uni or department and I'm getting worried this is all one big practical joke!