Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

1 hour ago, floppy.disk said:

hi all! 

i’m a little confused by this information... for context, i applied to the soc program at stanford and am being flown out for the knight-hennessy fellowship interview next week. the dept hasn’t sent me a decision yet. 

since k-h checks with departments before choosing their finalist applicants to fly out, i’m not sure that decisions have been made. it’s possible (and may be awkward for me if i already know i’m not in and yet i’m flying out there anyway lol) but it seems unlikely. my hunch is that they will send out decisions after k-h chooses their winners. just my 2 cents!

I think they will probably not wait a week before sending decisions. The fellowship thing probably means you’re already accepted anyway.

I am secretly enjoying this entire process by daydreaming just a little. (AKA assuming the best) I find that its more calming option. Don't know if it will help those facing anxiety-- wishing you the best

Edited by Docsoc

9 hours ago, a_yu said:

Ah I'm so sorry folks, I just emailed a professor who's on the admission committee at Stanford, and learned that the offers have NOT been sent out! Apparently both the friend of mine and myself were spreading rumors too prematurely...really sorry for the confusion.

Do you know if the part about 10 + 10 also not true? I'm kind of praying it isn't, as I don't like my chances if this is the case.

Hello!

Anyone here who has applied to the Fall 2019 Ethnomusicology PhD programs at the University of Chicago, Cambridge, Harvard, Columbia, UCLA and CUNY?

Also, anyone who has interviewed and/or heard back from Cambridge and Chicago (joint TAPS-Music)?

Looking forward!

Edited by shahwar

1 hour ago, SeijiAmasawyeah said:

I was put on the Rutgers funding waitlist. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm curious as to where I am on the list but am too worried to ask. 

I and one of my friends have been accepted. And at least one of us will reject!

19 minutes ago, DuBois said:

When does Boston University send their results ?

Typically around mid to late February, or even early March, if the historical trends on the results section are to be taken seriously. ? I'm waiting on them as well. 

18 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Typically around mid to late February, or even early March, if the historical trends on the results section are to be taken seriously. ? I'm waiting on them as well. 

Same for Harvard and northwestern I guess ? this stress is killing me

What do people think is going on with USC? I've just seen the two acceptances on the results page, and nothing else. Do you think they've sent out all their acceptances and that's it?

Still haven't heard anything from any of the schools I applied to so that's kind of stressful. I just want to hear something!

3 minutes ago, antioxidant17 said:

What do people think is going on with USC? I've just seen the two acceptances on the results page, and nothing else. Do you think they've sent out all their acceptances and that's it?

Still haven't heard anything from any of the schools I applied to so that's kind of stressful. I just want to hear something!

I was thinking of calling them (and UCSB)  up today. Might do so after it's about 10 AM over there. 

Called up Rutgers just now, kind of relieved to hear that offers will be sent out over the course of this week as well, but now I'm worried that calling them up might reflect badly on me somehow. :( 

10 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I was thinking of calling them (and UCSB)  up today. Might do so after it's about 10 AM over there. 

Called up Rutgers just now, kind of relieved to hear that offers will be sent out over the course of this week as well, but now I'm worried that calling them up might reflect badly on me somehow. :( 

Please post if you do! I wouldn't worry about calling Rutgers though - one of my mentors said it's a pretty normal thing to do and judging from some people's posts, I think it's okay.