Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

3 hours ago, Doxa said:

Hi, @msers! I just received funding information (literally a few minutes ago), so I guess they started sending them today.

Ah yes, got it soon after I posted that lol. Lower than I expected/had hoped for — hopefully I can figure something out! Hope it's a good offer for you!

5 minutes ago, msers said:

Ah yes, got it soon after I posted that lol. Lower than I expected/had hoped for — hopefully I can figure something out! Hope it's a good offer for you!

Just got my funding offer as well. I have to look more into how this package compares with cost of living. 

13 hours ago, TheBunny said:

I still did not hear back any of the programs that I Have applied for sociology. Is it normal?

Unfortunately yes, it's normal. Obviously depends on your specific program, but many program will only send out decisions in February (usually mid to late). From what I see, and UMass Amherst says explicitly on their web page to not hear anything back until the end of this month. So I am also in the waiting game... Hoping to hear back from UConn any day, any hour, any minute now... Good luck!

Did anyone apply to LSE by any chance? It's rolling admissions, and they say it takes roughly 8 weeks after your date of submission for them to release a decision. I'm going on ten weeks now and still have heard nothing. It's been "under consideration by the department" pretty much the whole time. I'm curious if anyone has heard anything from them as well as whether one's application passes onto a stage after "consideration by the department" before a decision is made. I'm American and am unfamiliar with the UK system and the timelines on these things. Thanks so much for the help! 

59 minutes ago, jriveracal said:

Is this the calm before the storm?

It's February 5th and I've heard from 1/14 programs. What kind of sick joke is this?

It has been such a quiet couple weeks. Sooooo ready for this to be over! The waiting kills me.

Claiming one of the Indiana acceptances! Very surprising considering I thought that they interviewed before sending out decisions. Super excited nonetheless! 

I thought this whole thing would feel better, BUT am genuinely happy for those who are getting their acceptances!

Temper tantrum (Rejection) #2

Me: Just received my second rejection. This is terrible and I am beyond surprised. This is not what I expected at all.

Prof/Mentor: Just hang in there! You haven't heard from everyone yet. I am so glad that this is surprising to you. It shows how far you've come and the confidence that...

Me: I AM SURPRISED BECAUSE YOU AND COHORT TOLD ME I'D HAVE MY PICK OF OFFERS.  

Prof/Mentor: Would you like some tea, crazy lady?

*Verbatim*... and I am devolving into the worst version of myself!

38 minutes ago, HumanHeatSOC said:

I thought this whole thing would feel better, BUT am genuinely happy for those who are getting their acceptances!

Temper tantrum (Rejection) #2

Me: Just received my second rejection. This is terrible and I am beyond surprised. This is not what I expected at all.

Prof/Mentor: Just hang in there! You haven't heard from everyone yet. I am so glad that this is surprising to you. It shows how far you've come and the confidence that...

Me: I AM SURPRISED BECAUSE YOU AND COHORT TOLD ME I'D HAVE MY PICK OF OFFERS.  

Prof/Mentor: Would you like some tea, crazy lady?

*Verbatim*... and I am devolving into the worst version of myself!

I feel this. All of my mentors were like "TRUST ME, you're going to have to end up deciding who YOU want to accept."

I did get into Irvine, but am sitting on 4 implied rejections at this point.

Did you already hear anything from Brown? I see your signature indicates that you were rejected?