Jump to content
sociopolitic

Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

Recommended Posts

I still did not hear back any of the programs that I Have applied for sociology. Is it normal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doxa said:

Hi, @msers! I just received funding information (literally a few minutes ago), so I guess they started sending them today.

Ah yes, got it soon after I posted that lol. Lower than I expected/had hoped for — hopefully I can figure something out! Hope it's a good offer for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, msers said:

Ah yes, got it soon after I posted that lol. Lower than I expected/had hoped for — hopefully I can figure something out! Hope it's a good offer for you!

Just got my funding offer as well. I have to look more into how this package compares with cost of living. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like there has only been two acceptances to Columbia...anyone in here heard from them?

Also when people say they are contacting their POI, are you just emailing to say in a nice way “what’s the hold up?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that interview process has started for Yale today..... when will i hear from them please God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheBunny said:

I still did not hear back any of the programs that I Have applied for sociology. Is it normal?

Unfortunately yes, it's normal. Obviously depends on your specific program, but many program will only send out decisions in February (usually mid to late). From what I see, and UMass Amherst says explicitly on their web page to not hear anything back until the end of this month. So I am also in the waiting game... Hoping to hear back from UConn any day, any hour, any minute now... Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/4/2019 at 7:29 AM, Sercan_ said:

Has anybody received funding offers from the UT Austin? Please post if you have..

Just got my funding offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had a perfect fit with POI at U Chicago and even mailed him a few times, but I haven't been interviewed. I am wondering how this stands for me ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think positive thoughts y'all! Lots of us haven't heard back from our fave schools yet. I have only heard from two of the 12 schools I applied to. But maybe today will bring some exciting surprises. If not, this will all be over by March... Good vibes all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jriveracal said:

Is this the calm before the storm?

It's February 5th and I've heard from 1/14 programs. What kind of sick joke is this?

i think Chicago sends out today based on previous years results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone apply to LSE by any chance? It's rolling admissions, and they say it takes roughly 8 weeks after your date of submission for them to release a decision. I'm going on ten weeks now and still have heard nothing. It's been "under consideration by the department" pretty much the whole time. I'm curious if anyone has heard anything from them as well as whether one's application passes onto a stage after "consideration by the department" before a decision is made. I'm American and am unfamiliar with the UK system and the timelines on these things. Thanks so much for the help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DuBois said:

i think Chicago sends out today based on previous years results

I would not be surprised if they did it later this week but not today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jriveracal said:

Is this the calm before the storm?

It's February 5th and I've heard from 1/14 programs. What kind of sick joke is this?

It has been such a quiet couple weeks. Sooooo ready for this to be over! The waiting kills me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone ends up declining a Rutgers funded offer, would you be willing to post here letting us know that it's been declined? It might help some of us waiting to suss out where we are on the waitlist if we know when funding lines are coming available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Claiming one of the Indiana acceptances! Very surprising considering I thought that they interviewed before sending out decisions. Super excited nonetheless! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this whole thing would feel better, BUT am genuinely happy for those who are getting their acceptances!

Temper tantrum (Rejection) #2

Me: Just received my second rejection. This is terrible and I am beyond surprised. This is not what I expected at all.

Prof/Mentor: Just hang in there! You haven't heard from everyone yet. I am so glad that this is surprising to you. It shows how far you've come and the confidence that...

Me: I AM SURPRISED BECAUSE YOU AND COHORT TOLD ME I'D HAVE MY PICK OF OFFERS.  

Prof/Mentor: Would you like some tea, crazy lady?

*Verbatim*... and I am devolving into the worst version of myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HumanHeatSOC said:

I thought this whole thing would feel better, BUT am genuinely happy for those who are getting their acceptances!

Temper tantrum (Rejection) #2

Me: Just received my second rejection. This is terrible and I am beyond surprised. This is not what I expected at all.

Prof/Mentor: Just hang in there! You haven't heard from everyone yet. I am so glad that this is surprising to you. It shows how far you've come and the confidence that...

Me: I AM SURPRISED BECAUSE YOU AND COHORT TOLD ME I'D HAVE MY PICK OF OFFERS.  

Prof/Mentor: Would you like some tea, crazy lady?

*Verbatim*... and I am devolving into the worst version of myself!

I feel this. All of my mentors were like "TRUST ME, you're going to have to end up deciding who YOU want to accept."

I did get into Irvine, but am sitting on 4 implied rejections at this point.

Did you already hear anything from Brown? I see your signature indicates that you were rejected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.