Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

5 hours ago, jriveracal said:

I feel this. All of my mentors were like "TRUST ME, you're going to have to end up deciding who YOU want to accept."

I did get into Irvine, but am sitting on 4 implied rejections at this point.

Did you already hear anything from Brown? I see your signature indicates that you were rejected?

I did hear from Brown but that was specifically Africana Studies... my top choice. It was crushing to have my number one turn me away before the others.

*Congrats for Irvine! (Loud applause) 

40 minutes ago, artvandaley said:

Hey, I see one post on the results page for Northeastern! Anybody else heard back from them?

Northeastern invited people to open house, at least the people who made the short list. I was not invited to open house, so I inquired about it. The lady who answered my e-mail said that until mid-February we would hear back.

Anyone hear any news from UConn or UVA?

I was expecting results from UConn to be out as they seemed to move really fast in years past, but nothing. Also, interviews for UVA should be announced soon, if they still do them. Just seeing if there is news on the grapevine.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:28 PM, TheBunny said:

I still did not hear back any of the programs that I Have applied for sociology. Is it normal?

Hey I just wanted to let you know that UMass Amherst has changed the application status to "Application Under Review" from "Applied." Still will probably be a couple of weeks, but at least we know the gears are turning.

33 minutes ago, bandanajack said:

Hey I just wanted to let you know that UMass Amherst has changed the application status to "Application Under Review" from "Applied." Still will probably be a couple of weeks, but at least we know the gears are turning.

Oh thank you, I will definitely check it to see if they changed my status. 

did anyone get anything from Yale? does Yale interview all potential admits? I saw that someone got interview request the other day.... nothing for me yet. is this a rejection implied???? T_T

Edited by Vldksh

5 hours ago, HumanHeatSOC said:

I did hear from Brown but that was specifically Africana Studies... my top choice. It was crushing to have my number one turn me away before the others.

*Congrats for Irvine! (Loud applause) 

So sorry to hear that. Hoping you have better fortunes with the rest of your schools!

9 minutes ago, souplover said:

wait, Columbia sent out the rejection on Feb 2nd???

Yeah, I'm so confused about the Columbia situation... it seems like most people have heard nothing and none of the admitted or rejected people have posted on the forum. If you have heard from Columbia in any way please post here and share info!

1 minute ago, aniesociology said:

I was rejected from Duke, I was sure I was going to get in becouse I was a great fit. But oh well. Congrats to everyone that got in!

Just a question, if i didnt wave my right to see the recommendation letters, how and/or when can I see them?

That’s bold. You may have to request access to your file.

2 minutes ago, aniesociology said:

I was rejected from Duke, I was sure I was going to get in becouse I was a great fit. But oh well. Congrats to everyone that got in!

Just a question, if i didnt wave my right to see the recommendation letters, how and/or when can I see them?

I feel like I read the small print at one of the universities I applied to (although I can't remember which one) and it said you could only request to view them if you get accepted, which I thought was quite funny, given you wouldn't really need to if you get in!

3 hours ago, TheBunny said:

Northeastern invited people to open house, at least the people who made the short list. I was not invited to open house, so I inquired about it. The lady who answered my e-mail said that until mid-February we would hear back.

Thanks! I'm an international applicant, not sure if they would send out invites to us too?!  just a week more anyway, let's see how all of this goes :unsure:

2 hours ago, hotchocolate123 said:

okay some ppl have been accepted and some have been rejected and I'm feeling like maybe my application got lost on the interweb or something...

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 11.34.55 AM.png

Woah, what?! 

edit: Now that I look at this more closely, maybe it was an email from a POI? Would a generic rejection have detailed information about applicant pool and number of admissions?

Edited by socchi92