Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

9 hours ago, Miners Canary said:

I applied to Harvard Sociology and Social Policy, Princeton Sociology and Social Policy, Penn Soc, Yale Soc, Columbia Soc, NYU Soc, Maryland Soc. 

Has anyone heard from these programs yet? I’ve seen Yale and Columbia on the Results Board but no claims here.

I'm not sure about Yale. I think just one person said they'd been invited for an interview, but I'm not sure if that is a standard to thing to do, and what this means for everyone else. However, there was a big conversation about Columbia and we are pretty confident all the acceptances have been sent out (they only accepted 14 of 340 applicants, so it was a rough year). 

Edited by KLMN0701

20 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

Friday is here... What are y'all doing to distract yourselves today/this weekend?

So far doing a terrible job of that as I'm working from home for the first half of the day (current grad student @ NYU) - so I've been refreshing emails as usual BUT making myself go to a park later and have a full date day tomorrow to keep my mind off of things! Hoping for good news for you all today and next week!

5 minutes ago, pistachiomacaron said:

So far doing a terrible job of that as I'm working from home for the first half of the day (current grad student @ NYU) - so I've been refreshing emails as usual BUT making myself go to a park later and have a full date day tomorrow to keep my mind off of things! Hoping for good news for you all today and next week!

You as well! What are you studying at NYU (if you care to share)?

22 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

You as well! What are you studying at NYU (if you care to share)?

It's an interdisciplinary MA called Humanities and Social Engagement -- I'm focusing on human rights/sociology. My specialization is comparative history/collective trauma. What is your area?

2 hours ago, SgtDonut said:

Friday is here... What are y'all doing to distract yourselves today/this weekend?

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow.... I figure at least it will distract me through the weekend. So that's exciting I guess. lol.

Just now, markhame said:

Wait are you serious?

Dead serious. I filled out all of the application but never turned it in because it was already December 14th, right before Christmas with two kids and I really couldn't afford any more apps.

Fast forward to ten minutes ago and I received an email from GSAS telling me to check my portal because "An update has been released for your application."

Went into the portal and there's a link to check status...I checked status and there's a letter rejecting me from the Ph.D. but offering me acceptance into the MA. I remember clear as day that when I was filling out the Columbia app I declined the offer to be considered for the MA. 

Uhm, What?

7 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

Also I'm pretty sure they just process incomplete/unsubmitted applications. That happened to me with undergrad when I started the Common App for a school but then ultimately didn't want to pay the fee and never submitted the application.

Good to know I should be expecting a rejection from Harvard after removing it from my list and not filling out the whole application ??‍♀️ @jriveracal how awesome that you were admitted to the MA program anyway! Take that as a high compliment instead of an extra rejection... lol

43 minutes ago, jriveracal said:

Dead serious. I filled out all of the application but never turned it in because it was already December 14th, right before Christmas with two kids and I really couldn't afford any more apps.

Fast forward to ten minutes ago and I received an email from GSAS telling me to check my portal because "An update has been released for your application."

Went into the portal and there's a link to check status...I checked status and there's a letter rejecting me from the Ph.D. but offering me acceptance into the MA. I remember clear as day that when I was filling out the Columbia app I declined the offer to be considered for the MA. 

Uhm, What?

You got accepted to the MA without a finished app! That's kind of cool

30 minutes ago, hardatwork said:

I still haven't heard anything from Columbia. Assuming bad news there. 

I've only heard final decisions from 4/14 schools. I just want the waiting to be over! 

Same here! 4/15... "wide net," as they say...
I told my partner I'd like to just be in a medically induced coma for the next three weeks so it's all over when I wake up. (Sorry, insensitivity.) Was hoping I'd feel mostly relieved after the long & painful application process but the anticipation is almost worse!