Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

Do programs interview all of the top applicants or just select some of them for interviews? Im just curious if they actually admit people without interviewing them if they have already decided to admit them. 

Just now, sociopolitic said:

Over the moon to have gotten a Michigan acceptance this morning. I can't even process this, I'm beside myself 

Congrats! Same here! I'm literally still in shock and probably will be for the rest of my life lol. 

1 minute ago, jriveracal said:

Congrats! Same here! I'm literally still in shock and probably will be for the rest of my life lol. 

That's so awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!! From what I've heard, Michigan's provisions for day care etc. make it the best place in the US to be a parent in grad school -- I'm so so happy to hear you got in!

12 hours ago, DuBois said:

OMG I feel tensed, I am waiting for Chicago and they didn't interview me , things don't look good then.

I was told they finished interviewing everyone they would be interviewing on Jan 28. I'm very nervous too! I didn't realize there would be two interviews and the second one really caught me off-guard, I don't think I did well. I was given very little notice for that interview, and it was with someone totally unrelated to my area of interest! They should release results this week for sure - I was told it would be last week, but I guess they are late!

32 minutes ago, GenreTrouble said:

I was told they finished interviewing everyone they would be interviewing on Jan 28. I'm very nervous too! I didn't realize there would be two interviews and the second one really caught me off-guard, I don't think I did well. I was given very little notice for that interview, and it was with someone totally unrelated to my area of interest! They should release results this week for sure - I was told it would be last week, but I guess they are late!

i guess if one is not interviewed they are most likely rejected isnt it ?
but with two interviews i think you're getting in. all the best 

Edited by DuBois

1 hour ago, sociopolitic said:

That's so awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!! From what I've heard, Michigan's provisions for day care etc. make it the best place in the US to be a parent in grad school -- I'm so so happy to hear you got in!

I've heard similar as well so I am beyond thrilled. So far my only official offer has been from UC Irvine and I have been a bit nervous about what appears to be a lack of student parent community.

Man I still haven’t heard from Michigan. Maybe I was waitlisted? THE WAIT CONTINUES!!

Congrats on the acceptances!! Happy for everyone : )

EDIT: JK I was rejected, but it was in my spam/promotions email, surprisingly. Even more congratulations to the admits!

Edited by markhame

Just received an email from Penn State, saying that my status has changed. When I log in to my account, the website shows that I need to "accept" or "decline" the offer and if clicking "accept", the graduate school will start the second step and compete reviewing my application. However, I have a question for it. Does it mean that I have to accept the offer in order to know the funding details and other information? Or does "accept" the offer means I will attend PSU? 

10 minutes ago, Soc&Edu said:

Just received an email from Penn State, saying that my status has changed. When I log in to my account, the website shows that I need to "accept" or "decline" the offer and if clicking "accept", the graduate school will start the second step and compete reviewing my application. However, I have a question for it. Does it mean that I have to accept the offer in order to know the funding details and other information? Or does "accept" the offer means I will attend PSU? 

I cannot help but laugh-- that is such unfortunate phrasing. I have no idea what it could mean and it would make me very nervous. I would call and ask!

2 hours ago, jriveracal said:

I’ve been secretly rooting for you all along! I always see your posts here. I’m so happy for you! What an incredible accomplishment

48 minutes ago, DuBois said:

Just heard a gossip that Uchicago would release decisions today, but I don't know if this is true or just a troll messing around. If anyone hears anything do post. Thnaks in advance! Best wishes to whoever is waiting for it. 

Aghhh wish I hadn't read this! Lol

56 minutes ago, socchi92 said:

HUGE CONGRATS to all of you Michigan admits!!!! What a great thing to wake up to today! ❤️ 

I woke up at like 1pm today because I am sick and was like "There are Michigan results. dope." and went back to sleep.

I think this whole process is much easier if you're asleep for most of it lol.

7 minutes ago, markhame said:

I woke up at like 1pm today because I am sick and was like "There are Michigan results. dope." and went back to sleep.

I think this whole process is much easier if you're asleep for most of it lol.

Lol yes. I wake up around noon every day because I have a night job in a restaurant right now that keeps me up late. It is nice waking up to news rather than waiting around for it all day.