Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

8 minutes ago, calvinssy said:

Such a competitive year... Maybe it is the same every year...

I think it might be. I think I recall someone on the results board for last year saying it was about 5 (6 or 7?) spots. But I might be making that up.

Congrats to all accepted!

I saw one SUNY Albany admission and two UCSD admission posted. Did anyone else apply to both schools and know what's going on? I didn't hear back from either of them so I guess it's not a good sign again :(

32 minutes ago, kkr_soc said:

Thank you. I was really lucky to get a fee waiver. 

What schools did you apply to?

I got acceptances from Cornell and Michigan today. Michigan and Cornell are my top schools, and I honestly didn't think I had a chance at either of them. Today was a great day! Is Stanford your #1 choice? 

1 hour ago, TheBunny said:

Is Harvard admit real? 

Oh it's real alright!

2 hours ago, gradgirrrl said:

WOW!!! Big congrats @jriveracal what time did u get the call?? wondering if i should stay up w/ worry or just sleep 

The call came somewhere around 3:30 PST.

Thank you to the above people who have congratulated me and wished me well...it truly means a lot to me. I'm literally dying and can't believe this is really happening. I appreciate the fact that my POI/committee chair took a moment to tell me that no, this is not a mistake, because I definitely was and still am feeling like this is a huge accident. I sounded like a bumbling idiot on the phone and just cried and kept saying THANK YOU SO MUCH IM SO SORRY FOR CRYING. Luckily he was really cool about it and understood. Pretty personal, but I am actually the first person in my family to even complete high school so this is literally the most incredible and unexpected honor I could ever have happen to me and my family.

12 minutes ago, jriveracal said:

Oh it's real alright!

Thank you to the above people who have congratulated me and wished me well...it truly means a lot to me. I'm literally dying and can't believe this is really happening. I appreciate the fact that my POI/committee chair took a moment to tell me that no, this is not a mistake, because I definitely was and still am feeling like this is a huge accident. I sounded like a bumbling idiot on the phone and just cried and kept saying THANK YOU SO MUCH IM SO SORRY FOR CRYING. Luckily he was really cool about it and understood. Pretty personal, but I am actually the first person in my family to even complete high school so this is literally the most incredible and unexpected honor I could ever have happen to me and my family.

Sounds like someone is going to Harvard ???????

My impending Harvard rejection doesn't sting nearly so much knowing that the offer's gone to someone who so deserves it!

Edited by sociopolitic

2 hours ago, ALieNNatioN said:

Congrats to all accepted!

I saw one SUNY Albany admission and two UCSD admission posted. Did anyone else apply to both schools and know what's going on? I didn't hear back from either of them so I guess it's not a good sign again :(

SUNY Albany you say... oh god. Terror ensues. How is this life?! I didn't hear a peep and I have class there tomorrow. 

Edited by HumanHeatSOC

2 hours ago, socfeynman said:

I got acceptances from Cornell and Michigan today. Michigan and Cornell are my top schools, and I honestly didn't think I had a chance at either of them. Today was a great day! Is Stanford your #1 choice? 

Congrats to you!!!! So good that people are getting accepted to their top programs. I’m so happy for all of us 

Berkeley and Stanford are mine and I was also accepted at both. Totally unexpected 

Congrats to the Harvard admit!! Excited for you!

1 hour ago, jriveracal said:

Oh it's real alright!

So..,  about Princeton. They do their results all throughout February, but in Results it seems like there are usually a couple early feb admits. None so far this year though obviously. I wonder what it is about this year that things are slightly delayed? Maybe we will see some admits this week.

Edited by markhame

4 hours ago, kkr_soc said:

5 hours ago, HumanHeatSOC said:

SUNY Albany you say... oh god. Terror ensues. How is this life?! I didn't hear a peep and I have class there tomorrow. 

Hug! Hope we all get what we want after this anxiety period

22 hours ago, Sercan_ said:

Anybody heard from Johns Hopkins?

not yet.

6 hours ago, markhame said:

So..,  about Princeton. They do their results all throughout February, but in Results it seems like there are usually a couple early feb admits. None so far this year though obviously. I wonder what it is about this year that things are slightly delayed? Maybe we will see some admits this week.

yes, i'm hoping they release it all on one day this week so it is less stressful!

and congrats @jriveracal!!