Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

1 hour ago, Vldksh said:

Four Cornell acceptances posted so far today! Congratulations! How did the e-mail look like?

The director of graduate studies (Benjamin Cornwell) sent me an email. It says that they are offering me an admission with full funding and I will receive the official letter later this week. Also noting that March 11 is the visit day.

I'm so excited because it was one of my top choices and the first admission after 7 rejections...;)

21 minutes ago, socchi92 said:

I did the probably very annoying thing and emailed Columbia. I'm just so tired of waiting and I know one rejection came from someone who emailed their POI. Was too shy to do that, though. 

Hey good for you 

14 minutes ago, socquant said:

CUNY just cold called me, wanting to know where I am in the decision making process. I'm in class, so I said it wasn't a good time. We're talking in an hour. What does that even mean??

Means that you should tell them you haven't gotten in anywhere yet and you'd give your left kidney to attend! Lol

1 hour ago, socquant said:

CUNY just cold called me, wanting to know where I am in the decision making process. I'm in class, so I said it wasn't a good time. We're talking in an hour. What does that even mean??

Nice! I'm very impatiently waiting on CUNY too. Good luck! 

6 hours ago, b_pud said:

UCSD's sociology department sent me an email on Feb 8th stating that the department and the committee recommended me for admission pending approval from the graduate dean. The next morning, I got an email from the dean's office finalizing my admission. The department also told me that funding details would be sent to me by Feb 15th. I hope this info is useful! Best of luck!

Thanks for your info! Congrats on your admission!

6 hours ago, b_pud said:

Are any UC Irvine applicants still waiting to hear back? I see some rejections and acceptances, but I haven't gotten anything back from them at all. 

I am still waiting for UC Irvine as well. I received the email from graduate school saying that my application was forwarded to the sociology department, about at the same day of the first acceptances, but nothing comes after then.

Same! I am waiting to hear back from UCI. My POI personally asked me to apply and I was forthcoming about my GPA and GRE scores. I did not receive any word so I figure I will receive a rejection letter sooner - though I'm hoping to be waitlisted. I do not know how that works. If anyone knows the process -- do they waitlist you on the spot? Or do you have to wait until after April 15th?  I have received other (amazing) offers that I'd take if I don't hear from UCI. 

14 minutes ago, ALieNNatioN said:

I didn't hear back from Albany either, I would assume that's a no from them...Sad, I still don't have any offers at this point, and I can't survive another application circle. T T

same here man! I can't afford applying again. I see people getting more than one acceptance and funding and here I am waiting. I wish there's something good today. Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, DuBois said:

same here man! I can't afford applying again. I see people getting more than one acceptance and funding and here I am waiting. I wish there's something good today. Fingers crossed.

Best luck to you!! I hope we all hear something good today :)

22 minutes ago, DuBois said:

Likewise :( I was rejected by six places last year, and I'm four rejections in this year. Yet to hear from another six places, so I'm really hoping that something comes through!

23 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Likewise :( I was rejected by six places last year, and I'm four rejections in this year. Yet to hear from another six places, so I'm really hoping that something comes through!

@DuBois & @ALieNNatioN .... I opened a special credit card just for this... worth it, but I wish I had known about this site before hand. A lot of support has been found here -a good resource with people far more intelligent than I (as far as educational endeavors go. HELLO GRE's, come take me demon). Perhaps forming a little over-the-next-few-months-to-get-our-sh*&t-together group?!? But hey, we've been able to see people who have been/are in our position get that notification that changed their lives... and to me that's priceless, motivating even. 

And maybe there is still hope! I know I'm still waiting on Mississippi (and other official rejections) to come in. More (im)patiently waiting to follow. 

Edited by HumanHeatSOC