Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

Just received an automated e-mail from the UT Austin: Dear Mr. ....:
The University of Texas at Austin has made a decision on your application for graduate admission. Please visit your Application Status Check page (https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/) for details.

Have all admitted people received this? And have also the rejections come this way?

Edited by Sercan_

4 minutes ago, Sercan_ said:

Just received an automated e-mail from the UT Austin: Dear Mr. ....:
The University of Texas at Austin has made a decision on your application for graduate admission. Please visit your Application Status Check page (https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/) for details.

Have both admitted people received this? And have also the rejections come this way?

Do not receive anything. No status changed either.

5 minutes ago, Grek said:

Do not receive anything. No status changed either.

I would recommend contacting POI. Do u have other applications?

Edited by Sercan_

40 minutes ago, Sercan_ said:

I would recommend contacting POI. Do u have other applications?

I haven't contacted teachers at this school. Should be a rejection I think. But congrat to you!

I am still waiting for results from other schools..so nervous...

2 hours ago, Grek said:

I haven't contacted teachers at this school. Should be a rejection I think. But congrat to you!

I am still waiting for results from other schools..so nervous...

I hope you will get good news soon! Fingers crossed for you!! ❤️

3 hours ago, Grek said:

Thx, man.

Wha are your research interests?

I am interested in urban expansion and subsequent land rush/commodification of land in rural areas. Also land conflicts and containment of political dissent.

Just now, SgtDonut said:

Congratulations! Is this your first admit?

Thank you!! Yes it is my first admit and UT Austin is my top choice :) I just received the official letter today.

20 minutes ago, Sercan_ said:

Thank you!! Yes it is my first admit and UT Austin is my top choice :) I just received the official letter today.

Perfect! Then you're good to go. I assume you won't be able to visit?

Edit: Sorry, idk why I assumed that lol. I should have asked, will you be able to visit?

Edited by SgtDonut

3 hours ago, SgtDonut said:

Perfect! Then you're good to go. I assume you won't be able to visit?

Edit: Sorry, idk why I assumed that lol. I should have asked, will you be able to visit?

Do they have visit day or something like that? :) I think I won't be able to come until I start to study in August. :)

9 minutes ago, Sercan_ said:

Do they have visit day or something like that? :) I think I won't be able to come until I start to study in August. :)

Yes, I was told it's gonna be March 26-27. Austin is supposed to be a super cool city (and more affordable than other major US cities), so I'm sure it'll be a great place to study! Are you waiting to hear back from anywhere else in particular, or is UT basically where you plan to go?

9 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

Yes, I was told it's gonna be March 26-27. Austin is supposed to be a super cool city (and more affordable than other major US cities), so I'm sure it'll be a great place to study! Are you waiting to hear back from anywhere else in particular, or is UT basically where you plan to go?

In my application list, Austin was at the top. So, I would choose Austin. Austin is the first school that I heard back from. There are 6 more schools. Only one interviewed me last week (Rutgers).

14 minutes ago, Sercan_ said:

In my application list, Austin was at the top. So, I would choose Austin. Austin is the first school that I heard back from. There are 6 more schools. Only one interviewed me last week (Rutgers).

Congratulations!!

I’m another hopeful for Rutgers, really keeping my fingers crossed!

Got dinged by 6 schools during the last cycle, so I’ve applied to 9 this year, and really hoping that it works out. 

Long time lurker, first-time poster. The anxiety is killing me!

2 hours ago, markhame said:

Getting increasingly curious about when Stanford is going to start sending out results..

They are actually making the final decision right on today. (I happen to know this because I'm now in a master program here)