UChicago Harris 2019

feedphil

1 minute ago, Tree90 said:

Has anyone received any additional information about Admitted Students Day? I'm assuming that the info will come with the admit letters, but I'd love to get that week planned out as soon as possible. 

I just sent an email to admissions with the same question! I'd like to coordinate travel plans as soon as possible given how frequently I've seen flights fluctuating. Will give an update when/if I get the response. All I know so far is that they're offering up to $300 of travel reimbursement.

26 minutes ago, Tree90 said:

Has anyone received any additional information about Admitted Students Day? I'm assuming that the info will come with the admit letters, but I'd love to get that week planned out as soon as possible. 

I haven't received any additional information, but I found this https://harris.uchicago.edu/admitted-students. Probably most of you have seen it, but I believe it could be useful for those who haven't.

1 hour ago, Tree90 said:

Response pasted below. I think they can tell we're getting antsy. ? Hope this helps some!

Thanks for checking in! Yes, all that info will be available in your admitted student portal. Thank you for your patience ?Keep an eye on your email…

As an FYI, reimbursements are delivered after Admitted Student Day so go ahead and book your travel. Here is the official language:

“Harris will reimburse admitted students for airfare and hotel accommodations up to $300 after the Admitted Student Day event has taken place.

• Airfare: the full itinerary showing the method of payment is the only acceptable documentation.
  • Amtrak: the full itinerary showing the method of payment is the only acceptable documentation.
  • Hotel and AirBnB accommodations: An itemized receipt showing method of payment and a $0.00 balance is required. Single occupancy only. Additional occupants or guests are not eligible for reimbursement and all costs associated with their stay are not the responsibility of Harris School of Public Policy.
  • Taxi/Uber/Lyft services, food, and entertainment costs are not eligible for reimbursement.

What if I want to drive my car to Chicago?
Reimbursement will be paid at the current federal rate of $0.545 per mile.  

Reimbursement will be provided via check, and mailed to the address provided. Please allow 6-8 weeks processing. Special accommodations are available in certain cases. Email Admissions if you have any questions.”

Just when I thought all hopes are lost...I got up to see a dry email stating that the application status has changed. I logged in to see the acceptance letter (MSCAPP) with a funding letter (15k). Bright morning here for me...delighted!!!

47 minutes ago, Angemik said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted ! Anyone Applied to Yale Jackson, WWS' MPA, HKS (MPA) or Stanford's MIP as well ? 

I applied to HKS (but MPA-ID) and MIP as well!

Edited by mfp9

14 minutes ago, mfp9 said:

I applied to HKS (but MPA-ID) and MIP as well!

Great ! Congrats on your early admissions ! Any preference ? :) 

1 hour ago, Angemik said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted ! Anyone Applied to Yale Jackson, WWS' MPA, HKS (MPA) or Stanford's MIP as well ? 

I have applied to HKS (MPA-ID), WWS, Yale and SIPA-MIA.

Edited by whatisinaname

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, worldleader2018 said:

I called and they said MPP decisions will be out mid-March for Round 1. But according to threads last year, it was around this time. 

Any thoughts?! So eager to know...

Strange. I was totally expecting calls to go out this week for round 1. Maybe they have to stick with saying mid March just in case they don't notify everyone before then. I'm still hoping calls will go out this week or next week. 

Edited by MPPhopeful322

Hi! I was wondering if anyone who applied for the MPP and MA-IDP Obama Foundation scholarship has received response for the MPP? I applied Nov. 1 for the MA-IDP and asked to be considered for the MPP as well. I interviewed for the Obama Foundation program early Feb. and they told me that results would come mid-March for that program, but I’ve had no word yet regarding the MPP program. 

On 2/8/2019 at 2:44 PM, MPPhopeful322 said:

Did anyone else log in today and find the decision documents icon had disappeared? Could decisions be uploading soon? Trying not to psych myself out.

Mine too. I cannot remember the exact date, but my "decision document" disappeared in early/mid Feb as well.

I noticed that too, seems like they were previously sent out around the 2nd-3rd week of Feb. I'm wondering if they're super busy with the Chicago mayoral election and just waiting for that to end to free up time to make calls. Otherwise, maybe they're going back to the listed date of mid-March

2 hours ago, ke7312 said:

I noticed that too, seems like they were previously sent out around the 2nd-3rd week of Feb. I'm wondering if they're super busy with the Chicago mayoral election and just waiting for that to end to free up time to make calls. Otherwise, maybe they're going back to the listed date of mid-March

I checked the official admission page and it says the notification will be released by early March. https://harris.uchicago.edu/admissions/requirements-and-deadlines