MIT Mechancial Engineering SM

Kingoflimbs

1 hour ago, Maverick1 said:

Rejected... expected but it still hurts. Another year of rejections. Guess it's time to give up or forget about the top tier schools...

?

Hope you guys have the luck to get in.

aww I am sorry to hear that! Have you applied to any other schools?..

And thank you! It's been so nice having you here to share our anxiety/worries with. I haven't heard any news from MIT yet, but I almost wish to have been rejected today so that I could stop checking the results page so much :D

44 minutes ago, blahblah_girl said:

aww I am sorry to hear that! Have you applied to any other schools?..

And thank you! It's been so nice having you here to share our anxiety/worries with. I haven't heard any news from MIT yet, but I almost wish to have been rejected today so that I could stop checking the results page so much :D

Yea i did, to MIT AeroAstro and to Caltech. But the former has already sent out the wave of acceptance and I am expecting the rejection letter to come any time soon. The latter has absolutely no news at all, but being a small and likewise competitive school, its probably the same. No luck at the lottery lol.

Which schools did you try for?

And yeah, nice chatting with you guys and sharing worries with haha

Edited by Maverick1

4 minutes ago, Maverick1 said:

Yea i did, to MIT AeroAstro and to Caltech. But the former has already sent out the wave of acceptance and I am expecting the rejection letter to come any time soon. The latter has absolutely no news at all, but being a small and likewise competitive school, its probably the same. No luck at the lottery lol.

Which schools did you try for?

Don't lose hope! I am sure you will get accepted somewhere - afterall,  you haven't been rejected yet! Good luck :)

Yeah, I applied to BU, UCSD, CU Boulder, UW Seattle, JHU, Michigan, and MIT. I chose based on the cities I want to live in + ME faculty with bio/med device/surgical robotics emphasis. So far I've been accepted to BU and heard really reassuring stuff from UCSD and Boulder. So I am happy that I am going somewhere (yay!) ?

5 minutes ago, blahblah_girl said:

Don't lose hope! I am sure you will get accepted somewhere - afterall,  you haven't been rejected yet! Good luck :)

Yeah, I applied to BU, UCSD, CU Boulder, UW Seattle, JHU, Michigan, and MIT. I chose based on the cities I want to live in + ME faculty with bio/med device/surgical robotics emphasis. So far I've been accepted to BU and heard really reassuring stuff from UCSD and Boulder. So I am happy that I am going somewhere (yay!) ?

Thanks for your kind words. But still, it is kinda worrying for me since I am no longer young and am without a decent career. And for me, grad school is both a dream and a hopeful boost that would give me a shot at my dream career in engineering. It really sucks to realize what i really wanted to do in life this late.

That's good for you! You are doing your Masters or PhD at the accepted schools?

Just curious, earlier in the thread you mentioned that you are an international studying in the US for your undergrad. So for your accepted schools, were you able to receive full/partial funding or you are going to be self-funded? I am especially interested in the case of Masters because from my research, not many schools offer funding for international Masters students. If i recall correctly, for aerospace (my area of interest) in CU Boulder and JHU, they don't.

• 2 weeks later...