Civil&Environmental Engineering Fall 2019 Applicants

EricWang98

20 hours ago, smalltownwater said:

@PartyEngineer  It went well. I had previously met the professor at an event while I was in undergrad, and she remembered me. I got an acceptance email a couple of days ago. 

She didn't mention if they were interviewing everybody and when decisions would be made. I think she was calling students who had an interest in her lab in particular. I would hold out hope because I'm pretty sure they are still making decisions!

Thank you! 

Also just got into USC, so a little bit more relieved. 

Anybody have updates??? I'm still waiting to hear from the University of Wisconsin Madison...

Recently got more acceptances and some mention funding which makes me realize I really don't understand much about funding packages lol.

29 minutes ago, sodalite said:

I applied to Civil Engineering (Phd) with a geotechnical focus. Was accepted to Stanford, UT-Austin and Purdue in the last 3 days. Still waiting to hear from Caltech, Berkeley and UW-Madison.

Congratulations! Could you tell me more about Stanford? Do you know if they hold interviews for MS (with a goal of PhD) applicants?

8 hours ago, EricWang98 said:

Congratulations! Could you tell me more about Stanford? Do you know if they hold interviews for MS (with a goal of PhD) applicants?

Thanks! I applied for MS (with a goal of PhD) and was interviewed by a POI in mid-Jan. The interview was mostly about getting to know me and my long-term goals. Was accepted to do a direct PhD in the admission letter. Good luck for your applications!

Edited by sodalite

5 hours ago, sodalite said:

Thanks! I applied for MS (with a goal of PhD) and was interviewed by a POI in mid-Jan. The interview was mostly about getting to know me and my long-term goals. Was accepted to do a direct PhD in the admission letter. Good luck for your applications!

Congrats sodalite! Could you please tell who was your POI that you had interview with?

2 hours ago, sodalite said:

Thanks CivilGuy! I interviewed with Prof Ronaldo Borja.

Thanks for your reply sodalite! I would like to ask a couple of questions, if you don't mind. First of all, when did you receive your admission letter from Stanford? Is it mentioning anything about the funding? And which school are you applying from? Thanks a lot for your answers in advance. 

20 hours ago, CivilGuy said:

Thanks for your reply sodalite! I would like to ask a couple of questions, if you don't mind. First of all, when did you receive your admission letter from Stanford? Is it mentioning anything about the funding? And which school are you applying from? Thanks a lot for your answers in advance. 

I received it on 8 Feb with CEE-PhD Fellowship for 2 years. I'm applying for NTU, Singapore.

Question: I've been accepted by Berkeley, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and North Carolina State (Environmental Eng PhD), but none of them mentioned funding. Anybody know if these schools have sent out information about funding packages yet?

11 hours ago, smalltownwater said:

Question: I've been accepted by Berkeley, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and North Carolina State (Environmental Eng PhD), but none of them mentioned funding. Anybody know if these schools have sent out information about funding packages yet?

It depends... I'm currently at Berkeley as a master in transportation. Last year my offer + funding letter was received on March 9. It's still early so probably funding is on its way.

20 hours ago, smalltownwater said:

I (international Student) have applied to Penn State, U of Minnesota, NC state, U of Notre Dame for PhD (Environmental Engineering) .  When did you applied for NC state. I applied late i.e. around 31 Jan 2019 so wondering about the time frame of decision.

Edited by Fun-Grad

On 2/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, CivilGuy said:

Thanks a lot sodalite! Did you receive your admission letter through application portal or the admissions officer emailed that to you?

I received it through email from the admissions officer.

I applied to environmental engineering, got in USC, rejected from Yale, waiting on UCLA, Rice, Duke, UT Austin and Colorado Boulder. I am also international so will see. But not much hope left cause people already heard from almost all the schools that I applied to!  

What is your specialization and where are you applying?