Civil&Environmental Engineering Fall 2019 Applicants

EricWang98

I posted this on a different forum as well but I am getting anxious about making my decision.

I have applied to many different schools for an MS in Structural Engineering because I honestly did not know where I could be accepted. But now I have so many options I am having a hard time deciding! Any information on what I should choose/insight into a specific program I would love it.

- UC San Diego

- Georgia Tech

- NC State

- UCLA

- Still waiting to hear back from Illinois and Berkeley as well.

I am interested in pursuing research during my masters and want to go into industry after for structural design. I potentially one day want to return for a PhD but that is dependent on how I enjoy research during my masters.

5 hours ago, StrucApp said:

I posted this on a different forum as well but I am getting anxious about making my decision.

I have applied to many different schools for an MS in Structural Engineering because I honestly did not know where I could be accepted. But now I have so many options I am having a hard time deciding! Any information on what I should choose/insight into a specific program I would love it.

- UC San Diego

- Georgia Tech

- NC State

- UCLA

- Still waiting to hear back from Illinois and Berkeley as well.

I am interested in pursuing research during my masters and want to go into industry after for structural design. I potentially one day want to return for a PhD but that is dependent on how I enjoy research during my masters.

Not sure if this is helpful but...

I did my undergrad at Georgia Tech. Alot of faculty of have industry connections since it's in Atlanta. Personally, I enjoyed the environment. I will say it can be a very intense and competitive place if you don't build a support team.

As far as NC State, when I visited I liked what I saw. There appeared to be alot of camaraderie of the faculty and a culture of being eager to support and mentor students towards whatever goals they have. Most of who I spoke to were on the environmental side of things, though.