MIT Media Lab: Fall 2019 Interviews

mc13

On 1/23/2019 at 10:09 AM, eigenanxiety said:

I applied to synth neuro for fall 2019 and PI emailed me in early Jan. no word on interview yet though. 

Cool! I applied for Biomech and Synth Neuro, too. Haven't heard anything yet, though. Did you receive an email expressing interest in your app/more information?

Hate to say this but my friend and I both applied (unsure which groups she applied to soz m8), and she’s heard back for an interview. Had her interview this past Sat! I haven’t heard a word yet on my end. Btw she’s got a hefty Wikipedia page

good luck to all xx

I was v interested in applying to  Lifelong Kindergarten but looking through past acceptances on their website I couldn't find anyone who hadn't either gone to MIT as an undergrad or otherwise been previously connected to the program. It really seems like more of a job application than a grad school application ?

2 hours ago, ohdeargodwhy said:

I was v interested in applying to  Lifelong Kindergarten but looking through past acceptances on their website I couldn't find anyone who hadn't either gone to MIT as an undergrad or otherwise been previously connected to the program. It really seems like more of a job application than a grad school application ?

It will be better for me as a job application. However, I don't have any connection to them, so it would be better if I place them on 2nd or 3rd choice. 

If what you said is true, it would be unfair to other applicants, and they had better announce it in their pages. However, let's see what happens next.

The professor that gave me an interview at Northwestern has a strong connection with Mitch, so I think I will be doing similar things there.

No portfolio visits yet & no interview yet. 

Edited by civitas

10 hours ago, civitas said:

It will be better for me as a job application. However, I don't have any connection to them, so it would be better if I place them on 2nd or 3rd choice. 

If what you said is true, it would be unfair to other applicants, and they had better announce it in their pages. However, let's see what happens next.

The professor that gave me an interview at Northwestern has a strong connection with Mitch, so I think I will be doing similar things there.

No portfolio visits yet & no interview yet. 

Uri? Mike?

Edited by gnohm

On 1/15/2019 at 5:07 AM, civitas said:

Did you get your interview? Also applying to Lifelong Kindergarten. 

No, I haven't gotten interviews nor page visits so far. I set up Analytics late, on mid Jan, so I'm not sure if there were any MIT visits before that. What about you?

Last month of waiting. Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by m1chechung

11 hours ago, m1chechung said:

No, I haven't gotten interviews nor page visits so far. I set up Analytics late, on mid Jan, so I'm not sure if there were any MIT visits before that. What about you?

Last month of waiting. Best of luck to everyone!

Nothing happened..

I got a brief visit on 5th Feb. But since I applied for both eecs and media lab I don't know which one did the visit. I applied for Responsive Environment, City Science, and Biomechatronics. Anyone got anything?